This position is responsible for leading the Market Intelligence function, managing a small team of two analysts in identifying & acquiring high-quality market research, producing forward-looking research and analysis, and delivering actionable insight to strategy and other internal business functions (e.g. product management, marketing, sales. Responsibilities:
- Manages quantitative and qualitative analysis of markets and competitors, creates and updates industry, competitor and customer models (e.g. market share, growth projections and trends, etc.).
- Manages identification and collection of customer, competitor, market, financial and/or operational data and research; provide recommendations on acquiring new sources of data / research
- Performs systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social and economic environment; regulatory issues; customers; current and emerging competitors.
- Responsible for market and competitive intelligence needs of strategic planning; recommends key intelligence items that require further consideration (data hunting and gathering).
- Responsible for market and competitive intelligence needs of internal business customers (product management, customer success, partners/channels, marketing), including ability to design and implement primary/direct research projects utilizing external vendors.
- Oversees execution of projects in support of ad-hoc, proprietary information requests.
- Maintains strong relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Builds industry knowledge so as to be recognized by internal constituents as the go-to source of expertise with respect to data and research sources, market trends, competitive developments, etc.
- Supports and contributes to culture of information sharing within the company (i.e. create, maintain, facilitate internal use of shared repository).
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills; particularly in translating data and research into consumable analysis / insights (visual "storyteller")
- Strong written, communication & presentation skills; ability to contribute to executive-level discourse.
- Strong understanding of market & competitive data / research sources in software & tech industries
- Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints.
- Highly proficient in use of Gartner, Forrester, IDC and similar technology research services