Job Title: Learning Support & Engagement Manager
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Contract Type: 6-Month FTC
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands*
*Post-holders can be required to work at any College Centre
The primary purpose of this job role is to;
• To lead and manage a progressive and inclusive student support and engagement service shaped by student feedback.
• To create a culture where all student voices are empowered, listened too, acted on appropriately and matter in the college.
• To embrace the College vision and mission and embody the College values every day.
Role outline - Main Responsibilities:
• To create and manage a culture of empowerment and improvement which is student centred
and personal, allowing students to become as independent as possible in their learning.
• To strategically develop the learning support service to create a vision of outstanding support.
• To develop and manage high quality feedback processes to learners to support their
• To review and manage all areas of learning support to ensure the service is forward thinking and
constantly seeking to improve.
• To manage the recruitment, training and performance of a team of Learner Support Assistants to
deliver outstanding learning support to learners that consistently supports excellent teaching
• To manage the collection of high quality data/record keeping capture, recording and evaluating
support needs and the effectiveness of the support provided.
• To ensure Students with support needs achieve at levels comparable with other students.
• To develop processes to accurately report learning support provided to maximise the learning
• To manage the learning support budget effectively.
• To manage the performance of the Learner Welfare Officer to ensure a pro- active and
supportive approach is taken to student welfare, acceptable behaviour and fitness to study
matters. Ensuring processes and procedures are effective.
• To develop and manage the student engagement policy and plan to ensure there is an
outstanding level of engagement with students which is progressive and student centred.
• To promote and implement a student engagement service where all student voices matter in an
inclusive and diverse environment.
• To manage a cross college approach to Equality Diversity and Inclusiveness to embed the culture
in accordance with the college values and mission statement.
• To lead on relevant Student Services policy reviews and formulation and ensure that Equality
Impact Assessments are undertaken.
• To lead the Student Union to empower students to appoint officers in accordance with the
constitution and develop an active Student Union.
• Co-ordinate staff delivering second evening and enrichment activity to cover agreed areas.
• To work effectively with the Head of Student Experience covering where required to support a
24/7 service for students.
• To support the Head of Student Experience on strategic safeguarding and prevent matters.
• To be a member of the college 24/7 Safeguarding team
• Experience of managing, developing and coordinating a support team or equivalent
• Experience establishing and implementing student voice activity, reporting on and raising satisfaction in this area
• Management qualification at level 4 or above
• Demonstrable experience of improving a support function and learner outcomes