Investigo are recruiting for a AP & AR Manager to join a construction business based in Birmingham.
The AP & AR Manager will be responsible for the Management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function, to ensure the Company's working capital KPIs are exceeded.Main Responsibilities
- Leading and managing a team of 3 Accounts Payable and 2 Accounts Receivable staff members.
- Responsible for all AP & AR processes and prioritising workload accordingly through management of Navision tiles to ensure all SLAs are met.
- Owning relationships with vendors and sub-contractors and overseeing the EDI Tradex and Santander facility.
- Maintaining relationships with commercial managers, contract managers and business unit directors in order to ensure cash collections meet group targets.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives and monitoring performance against targets;
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing policies and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensuring all Supplier Statements are reconciled on a regular basis and working with suppliers to resolve discrepancies.
- Carrying out weekly payment run and providing information regarding future payment run requirements.
- Liaising with Procurement to ensure all suppliers are invoiced to ensure the annual rebate is collected.
- Management of Intercompany AP & AR ledger and liaising with group companies.
- Responsible for month end reconciliation to ledger and reporting of aged creditor and debtor report to Group as well as Payment Practice Reporting.
- Analysing AR & AP data in order to provide the business with trend analysis to aid better forecasting of cashflow.
- Deputising for FC in all matters associated with AP & AR.
- Internal stakeholders across all business units, including Contract Managers, Contract Support, Business Unit Directors, Procurement, Treasury and Finance Managers
- External customers, suppliers, sub-contractors and auditors.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience within AR & AP, working in a fast-paced high-volume AP department at a senior level. Proven experience of negotiating and advising at all level. Ability to challenge "the norm" in terms of processes as well as the ability to reconcile complex accounts. It is important for you to be able to manage, mentor and develop the team.
The role is paying £40k - £45k + bonus.
Hybrid working - 2 days from office
Please don't hesitate in applying