P/Time Finance Officer - £17.26ph - £19.65ph plus Hol Pay - Remote workStart Jan 2022 to the end of March 2022 initiallyPART TIME - 3 DAYS PER WEEKTHE ROLE
This is a great opportunity for someone with proven experience of Grant Management and Financial Administration to support this consortium which facilitates interdisciplinary research and training to tackle complex problems in international development
The major tasks and responsibilities of the post are in the areas of Finance and HR. The post holder will maintain comprehensive financial and related administrative systems to support operations, as well as providing the Directors with technical advice in these areas where required.MAIN DUTIESFinance
- Set, prepare and manage budgets and financial reports and provide oversight and support to the team on all areas of finance.
- Manage budgets for individual budget lines and update the Director and Deputy Director on allocation of resources and variance to budget if over- or under-spent.
- Liaise with budget holders and project leads on quarterly revision of forecasts.
- Maintain a system for tracking and reporting on expenditure.
- Process all project expenditure
- Process internal and external expense claims forms.
- Carry out financial management of the project, including budgeting, financial reporting, assisting and monitoring sub-grantees with their budgeting and financial management processes, including submitting quarterly forecasts and employing pre-emptive problem solving to resolve issues of over- or under-spend.
- Initiate and prepare monthly budget meetings with the Directors and explain areas of variance and over- and under-spend.
- Run financial reports in Agresso to prepare and submit quarterly budget and expenditure reports
- Organisation of the office and facilities, including ordering stationery, arranging paying of invoices, handling incoming and outgoing post and booking couriers
- Liaise with the Admin Assistant to oversee financial processes used in the organisation of travel, accommodation and ground transportation, visas, travel insurance and processing travel reimbursement claims for the Directors.
- Lead on recruitment processes. This includes liaising with Directors to write job descriptions, person specifications, advertisements and interview questions, as well as liaising with the HR team on recruitment procedures
- Write terms of reference for consultants and suppliers, as well as costing services and approving and processing invoices
- Advise staff on professional PDR (performance, development and review) processes and direct to specific training and support from HR
- Maintain a database of project staff that includes job descriptions, CVs, duration of contracts, and other HR- related matters.
- Manage and review contracts ensuring they are suitable and UpToDate.
- Substantial experience of, and competence in, financial administration.
- Proven experience of grant management, applications for new grants and reporting to funders, and of providing support to multi-partner programmes
- Advanced working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, Management Information Systems and software relevant to financial management and grant management
- Experience of using Agresso
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to get on as part of a team and with a diverse range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong administration and organisational skills, ideally gained within an academic or non-governmental organisation, with excellent attention to detail
- Fluent, accurate written English and strong oral communications skills
- Willing and able to travel overseas to organise and support Panel meetings.
- Demonstrable adaptability and enthusiasm to take on new tasks.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity