Fast-growing parent company to a number of different business within the manufacturing end engineering sector, now has another outstanding opportunity for an experienced assistant accountant to join this small but close-knit team.
This role is available to start immediately and is a pivotal and high visibility role during a very exciting phase of their development.
This is a varied and interesting role including:
- Processing supplier invoices
- Credit control
- Processing of staff expenses - To audit claims, checking validation and approval of expenses procedures.
- Running invoice reports and uploading invoices for approval (Xero)
- Checking and resolving any invoice upload discrepancies
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Resolving supplier queries
- Build and manage the accounts department in accordance with the company's growth
- Create and maintain robust controls within a paperless environment
- Process staff expenses on a daily basis
- Process Corporate cards on a daily basis
- Process invoices on a daily basis
- Make sure expenses and invoices are approved in a timely fashion
- Make weekly payment run for all expenses and invoices.
To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within a commercial environment
- Previous experience of working with Xero
- Working knowledge of accounts payable processes/systems
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, confident "can do" attitude
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office and good knowledge of excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident managing a team
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Control oriented mindset
- AAT qualified
- Manage Purchase Orders with our operations department
- Experienced in bank reconciliation using Xero
- Prepare employee payroll for accountant processing.
- Experience with corporate banking systems
- Working with the accountant and internal teams to prepare management accounts for presentation to directors
- 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- £30,000 plus, we are willing to pay more depending on experience and seniority
- Very attractive performance-related bonuses
- Investment in continual professional development and training
Please don't hesitate to come and discuss this role with us in more details. Please do contact Robin at Olivia-Ruella for further details.