Reporting to the Finance Reporting Manager you will play a key part in delivering this market-leading business's ambitious Growth Plan. You will become a key member of the team, producing strong analysis that drives performance through great investments, robust planning and reporting, and helping to deliver key projects across different areas of business. This is an interim role for 3 months and can be based from home 100% of the time.
- Own financial planning, reporting & analysis of the Growth (Strategic) Plan, including the portfolio of company cost initiatives. Work closely with Business Planning & IT teams to ensure robust investment cases inform decision making, and that we have processes and tools in place to understand benefits realisation through and following project investment.
- Support Budgeting & Planning processes to ensure the Growth (Strategic) Plan and company cost initiatives are correctly included in total business projections.
- Support the IT department, working closing with our IT colleagues to create, manage and challenge accurate and aligned financial plans that deliver the overall business objectives, and that are communicated clearly and understood by all stakeholders.
- Provide analysis & insight to support our growing International business. Work closely with Commercial Finance colleagues and the International Team to ensure robust financial planning, reporting & analysis.
- Deliver ad-hoc financial analysis to drive insights and support decision making as required.
- Play a part in the continuous improvement of both the Commercial Finance, and overall Finance function. Drive towards simplification and automation of routine activity always challenging the status quo
We are looking for:
- Must have curiosity; can demonstrate a desire and skill to understand and communicate to others how things work and link together to work well.
- This role requires the jobholder to be both numerate and able to construct business/commercial models of profitability and return on investment.
- A recognised financial qualification or a desire to work towards such a qualification is essential.
- A proven ability to relate performance in a meaningful way to non-finance colleagues.
- The candidate must thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment.