Interim IT Category Manager role within a World Class University Your new company
The University has a world-class reputation and is made up of 6 equally renowned Colleges. Thee University is built upon the achievements of its students and staff and their contributions to the global creative economy and community. Their talented staff help form a diverse and collaborative learning environment which inspires our students.Your new role
The focus of this role will be to act as the University's procurement category specialist for the Information and Communication Technology spend category (ICT) and support the wider Category development (Indirects/Estates) on behalf of the university, its entities and other organisations for which the university provides a procurement service. You will ensure that procurement support is aligned to the structure, objectives, and culture of the function, becoming an enabler to the ICT stakeholder business plan, objectives and deliverables.
You will collaborate with key stakeholders proactively identifying areas where procurement can add measurable value, and lead solutions in support of strategic goals and improving organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
You will have good technical knowledge of ICT hardware, software and telecommunications in a business environment and be able to provide specialist knowledge and expertise in the ICT category to ensure value for money is delivered and evidenced. You will assist ICT colleagues, and other colleagues as required, in all aspects of procurement including contract specifications, sourcing options, tendering and pricing strategies.
This position will be responsible for approx. £15m in annual spend for ICT, £32m in Indirects.What you'll need to succeed
What you need to do now
- Thorough appreciation and working knowledge of EU Public Procurement Directives and the Public Contract Regulations 2015
- Familiarity with Public Procurement Policy Notes and Guidance issued by Crown Commercial Services
- Relevant professional qualification desirable: MCIPS/ NVQ level 4 (achieved or working towards)
- Understanding of purchasing requirements in the HE sector
- Knowledge of e-procurement/ Purchase to Pay systems
- Understanding of project management principles and methodologies
- A high degree of financial literacy
- Comprehensive practical working knowledge of public sector tendering and contracting procedures, including Framework Agreements
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.