SAM/AD role - salary band of £38,000 to £48,000 depending on experience
My client is looking for a senior account manager or account director to come on board at this time of growth. They are looking for entrepreneurial types, who think creatively and get a kick out of developing and working on campaigns that have a business impact on their clients.
Ideally the candidate will have excellent b2b technology PR skills, be a quick thinker and passionate about securing great results for their clients. They'll enjoy the challenge of developing thought provoking, engaging and punchy content that drives engagement for their clients. The successful candidate will have an active role in new business and developing more junior members of the team.
Cl intelligence, robotics and satellite communications, commenting on issues such as the future of work and in-flight entertainment.lients are to be decided, though it works with some really interesting cyber-security companies. Other client areas include artificiaAM role and responsibilities:
AD roles and responsibilities:
- Managing teams on all different accounts, generally acting as 'hub' of account - upwards and downwards
- Writing and editing press releases, by-liners, media alerts, research reports, blogs
- Development of proactive and creative campaigns
- Client liaison - running meetings and presentation development
- Spotting and managing news hijacking campaigns
- Running all media sell-ins
- Running all internal meetings
- Reviewing media lists
- Hosting press briefings
- Reviewing AE work-plans
- Likely directly line managing an AE
- Attending and preparation for messaging/storyboarding sessions
- Deliverables and budget management (with AD support)
- New business - pitching, presentation development and research
Agency background & points of note
- Running storyboarding sessions and resulting messaging
- Client strategy
- Sign off on content on accounts including press releases, media alerts, research reports, etc.
- Content development including research reports, research releases, media alerts, etc.
- Client relations
- Top tier media relations
- Development of proactive and creative campaigns
- Survey questionnaire development
- Leading and evaluating news hijacking campaigns
- Hosting top tier media briefings
- Deliverables and budget management
- New business - identifying suitable prospects, project management, pitching and presentation development
- Line management
- Great reputation - ranked a top tech agency
- Offer real consultancy to clients and aren't afraid to push back, in fact it's actively encouraged!
- Entrepreneurial environment
- Great team retention.
- Lots of exposure to owners/directors
- Flat structure
- Every staff member has wider business role
- Clear career paths with regular appraisals and internal and external training. Happy to fast track star performers - one individual was promoted 3 times in 18 months, whereas another was promoted twice in 12 months (receiving £14K in pay rises)
- Good work/life balance - don't work long hours
My client is a top 3 rated technology PR agency going through a period of exciting growth. It is looking for driven, enthusiastic individuals that can not only help deliver integrated PR campaigns for clients today but that also want to be part of a team that explores what the PR campaigns of tomorrow should look like. Clients range from multinationals. They have a track record in helping rapid growth companies.
The agency sets itself apart from competitors in three ways; first and foremost in the content that we develop and ensuring that it engages our client's audiences. In fact, we were rated the number one technology agency for content. Second is our story telling ability - by getting under their skin of our clients and understanding their business strategy, we are able to come up with stories that everyone from the CEO downwards get behind, and that ultimately make a difference to the client's bottom line. Third our creativity sets us apart; many of our technology clients don't have a steady stream of product and customer news and come to Spark for our skills in developing creative campaigns that are not only aligned to the news agenda but drive it.
So, for candidates looking to drive their clients rather than letting clients drive them we provide a supportive and informal environment to put their stamp on campaigns that drive success for the client, agency and themselves.
Hiring great people has helped us to keep winning accounts, but we also believe that our agency culture has played a key role in our success. We believe that everyone's voice within the agency should be valued and that great ideas can come from anyone. We encourage a flat approach to client work, where junior members of the team can take ownership of key initiatives, while agency directors still believe it's key for them to work on campaign execution, be that selling in a story to the media or creating social engagement for a client.
Our billable hours are less than two-thirds of a typical forty hour week so we have plenty of time and energy to innovate, to be creative and to continue to learn about the industry. Agency culture is relaxed, open and politics free. Drinks in the office on a Friday afternoon, summer days out (axe throwing, bubble football) and Christmas parties, and the odd Michelin star restaurant are all part of life at the company.