Domus and I are looking for an experienced service manager for a service based in Harrogate. This residential home is for young adults living with autism, mental health conditions and learning disabilities.
Dedicated to undertaking the management of supporting people with learning disabilities and other complex needs, your team will support service users in your care to achieve their goals in life and will actively seek out opportunities for them to develop their skills and confidence through a variety of staff involvement, activities and other initiatives.
Committed to quality assurance, you will effectively lead and inspire your team to provide the highest quality person-centred support and care. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering best practice in social care whilst continually developing the service. You will have the opportunity to use your skills in an environment where the effective management of people and processes will be critical to the services success.Key Responsibilities of a Registered Manager:
Registered Manager Requirements:
- Ensure that the regulatory bodies' standards are achieved and that all staff are trained to this level.
- Ensure that all documentation and nursing records are maintained and that a programme of meaningful activities is available to residents. Implement appropriate systems to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Works with local and regional management to develop and implement new services within the unit.
- Be responsible for achieving the agreed budget.
- Ensure that the home maintains high standards of cleanliness and that it meets all legal, statutory and company requirements. Set standards of services that are exemplary and consistently implemented.
- A sound working knowledge of the statutory requirements associated with care of the elderly is essential. A good understanding of budgets is desirable. The ability to write and implement marketing plans is desirable as is the importance of understanding the advantages of public relations activity and its positive impact in the home environment.
- Commitment to delivering high quality care
- Previous managerial experience in a similar environment
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory standards
- Fine-tuned decision-making skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Flexibility and strong "can do" attitude
- Part of a competitive and discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- SMART Pension option
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Matt Simmons at Domus Recruitment. As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.