Our mission is simple... to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job - and it's our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
Our client is looking for a Legal Executive to join a legal team in a police force based in Holborn. Remote working is current in place subject to operational needs i.e. meetings or court attendance etc. Long-term working a blended pattern with days in the office and remote working.Purpose
To provide a high quality, cost-effective and prompt legal service to a police service. Delivering accurate, timely advice and representation in relation to legal issues surrounding disclosure of police information in family proceedings thereby supporting Investigation Teams across the police force. The work is at the forefront of safeguarding which is a policing priority.Key responsibilities
- To provide legal advice and representation, as required and often at short notice, to ensure that material disclosed will not prejudice complex criminal investigations involving serious allegations of crime. Make applications for disclosure of material in possession of local authorities to assist with the investigation of crime.
- To provide legal advice when the police force is seeking disclosure from our partners such as Local Authorities to assist in criminal investigations. Also, to provide general advice on family law matters that impact on policing.
- To be able to critically analyse information, provide effective written and oral advice, organise a complex workload and work collaboratively with a variety of colleagues and other stakeholders in a publicly accountable environment.
- To demonstrate good oral and written skills, the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, as well sound judgement and analytical skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Support the work of the Directorate of Legal Services Family Disclosure Team being the central point of contact for all family disclosure requests coming in to the police force.
- It is essential that cases are efficiently and accurately processed as the team have safeguarding responsibilities and manage risk. Work closely with our partners such as local authorities, Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS) and the CPS to keep Londoners safe.
This is a temporary role for an initial 6 months (July 2022) with potential for it to be extended beyond, paying upto £28.00 per hour PAYE or £35 per hour Umbrella.
Please apply now and join us in loving MondaysAll roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it's the driving force behind all of REED's philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.