Outline of Role
The Finance Project Analyst serves as the direct communication link from sales and delivery teams to Operations Support Group. This role is responsible for preparing financial reports for management, which will be used as analytical tools by stakeholders. We are rapidly expanding our team so this is a great opportunity for motivated individuals to join and grow with the company.An ideal candidate will be innovating and adaptable to ever changing environment. This role will play a key part in our services initiative projects so it's essential that the candidate is an active participant in identifying gaps in our current processes and suggesting improvements whilst at the same time ensuring timely and accurate delivery of business as usual tasks. Ideally this candidate will be part-qualified.ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Creates monthly audits and reports to reconcile financial data. Assists with compiling monthly financial data for company income statements.
- Ensures accurate revenue & cost capture, effective reporting, and appropriate issue resolution of project financials.
- Participate in month end close; calculate monthly accruals and supply data for month end reports.
- Audit monthly revenue and costs and request adjustments as necessary
- Communicates with sales and delivery contacts regarding financial aspects of projects. Provides monthly project performance summary reports to internal stakeholders.
- Ensures accuracy in gross profit and commission reporting.
- Provide guidance to field support personnel, where applicable.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested by the stakeholders.
- Build effective relationships with sales and delivery personnel.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business; preferably in Finance, Management, Economics or equivalent work experience
- One year of work experience in a customer service or financial support capacity
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in an environment where prioritization and reprioritization is often needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative/drive and leadership abilities as they gain knowledge and experience within the position
- Must possess strong problem solving, organization and multi-tasking skills while demonstrating good judgment when issues are escalated.
- Ability to identify process gaps and create solutions with minimal direction
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing process environment.
- Solid understanding of the business' operations and the ability to perform analysis for assigned projects
- Intermediate proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Supportive, team player
- Positive attitude and flexible approach
- Accurate and methodical approach
- Able to work under pressure and still maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Independent process driven worker with a proactive attitude to work
- Ability to communicate at all levels and with external parties
- Good business acumen
- Confident and outgoing
- Proactive in approach