This is a permanent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a fast-paced and busy team based in Hounslow. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a world-leading logistics company that offers great growth and progression. Client Details
This is a permanent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a fast-paced and busy team based in Hounslow. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a world-leading logistics company that offers great growth and progression. Description
The key responsibilities for this permanent Management Accountant position in Hounslow are:
- Work closely with the FP&A Manager and the other Management Accountants to ensure accurate production of month-end management accounts for the UK business
- Maintain accurate reconciliations with supporting back-up for accruals, prepayments, and other balance sheet areas - e.g. fixed asset ledger and depreciation
- Build a thorough understanding of all costs incurred by the business to support decision-making. Engage with Operational Managers to understand key cost drivers, e.g. variability linked to revenue/volume
- Work with the Financial Controller and Transactional team to ensure invoice coding has been completed correctly and provide support as required on key areas of general ledger, e.g. fixed asset register
- Support the FP&A Manager on weekly and monthly reporting and variance analysis - financial and non-financial (e.g. staff work hours, operational statistics) information. Including the analysis of monthly performance to Budget and/or Forecast of financial and non-financial information, evaluating variance impact, and identifying trends
- Support annual budget and forecasting processes
- Actively build and maintain strong relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues at all levels
- Monthly reporting of Capital Expenditure, if applicable, against budget and forecast
- Other adhoc projects, reports, and analysis
The successful candidate for this permanent Management Accountant opportunity based in Hounslow will have:
- Qualified with an underlying degree in finance/accounting.
- Part qualified CIMA or ACCA (1-3 papers remaining)
- Several years of experience as a Management accountant.
- Background in transactional heavy organisations, e.g Cargo/Aviation industry, industrial services or manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing a new transactional team.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Strong excel and modelling skills
- Ability to deliver against strict deadlines.
- Strong leadership attributes
- Ability to work in a team.
- Fantastic exposure and opportunity to grow your career
- World-leading organisation
- Parking on-site