We at Opus People Solutions are seeking a Junior Management Accountant on behalf of a local leading charity in an exciting role.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of financial systems and procedures, reporting of financial performance, production of final accounts and compliance with agreed financial policies, procedures and legislation.Main Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Finance with the production of statutory accounts to agreed audit timetable.
- Participate in training programmes for all staff involved in budgetary control and/or in the receipt of income.
- Produce monthly management accounts to given timetable.
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Support the finance team to ensure that all invoices are paid accurately and timely.
- Support the finance team to ensure that salary and related payments are made accurately and timely.
- Support the finance team to ensure that all sales ledger invoices are followed up for payment in a timely way and credit control procedures are reviewed and developed.
- Support the Head of Finance to ensure via working with other departments the prompt recovery of income tax reclaimable through gift aid, legacies and any income taxed at source, keep up to date with changes in tax legislation.
- Ensure that an accurate asset register is maintained and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure that control accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis working with the Finance team to process necessary adjustments and corrections.
- Deputise for the Payroll Officer and administrators to cover periods of annual leave, absence and high workloads, providing payroll and general administration support where required.
- Support the Finance Department in the improvement and implementation of payroll and financial processes and procedures.
- Ensure that quarterly VAT returns are calculated accurately and submitted by agreed dates.
- In time assist with line management responsibilities of other team members as appropriate.
- AAT qualified or 3 years finance / accountancy experience
- Experience of providing a reliable, responsive accounting services within an organisation with at least 100 employees
- Experience of producing accurate and timely management accounts for a complex medium sized organisation.
- Experience of balance sheet control account reconciliations.
- Experience of producing reports and data using spreadsheets, experienced excel user with knowledge and use of pivot tables, and v lookups of working with non-financial colleagues to deliver budget information and produce financial information.
- Experience of producing budget information
- Experience of cashflow management
Full job description available upon request.