My client is a well-established organisation who has grown to be the world's largest independently owned express courier network with over 1000 offices in 209 countries and territories. Over the years they have developed the complete range of global distribution services to meet our customers every distribution need.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide the group of companies with a professional and efficient Human Resources organisation, supporting and advising Directors and Line Managers with related issues, ensuring that regulatory and legal requirements are met and that efficiencies and productivity initiatives throughout the organisation are supported. To support with the Payroll system and keep up to date with all legislation.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the Management team with extensive Employee Relations issues and deliver expert advice
- Lead Disciplinary and Grievance investigations
- Assist Line Managers with setting staff performance objectives, review and update processes
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the work force with the strategic goals of the organisation
- Ensure that the business is legally compliant and ensure that the Employee Handbook is up to date
- Draft and update Policy and Procedures - to drive performance and mitigate disputes
- Time Management System - deliver training to Line Managers and all staff, create reports and keep absence record up to date
- Regularly review contractual arrangements providing Senior Management with expert advice
- Carry out bench marking exercises, compare salary data
- General HR Manager ad-hoc duties - inductions, disciplinaries, grievances etc
Skills and Qualifications:
- CIPD qualified, at least 5 years proven HR experience
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills are required together with proven leadership capabilities and a solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application
- Self-motivated professional
- Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In line with GDPR regulations, we are making you aware that to proceed with your application we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. To receive future job alerts from us, you will be required to provide consent within our marketing preference options. The link will be provided in an email to you. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.