***Urgent requirement for an experience Finance Officer to work on a temp to perm placement in an east London school****Must have valid DBS/ Previous SIMS user/ Previous Sage userOverview of working hours:
35 hours for 43 weeks 1505 total working hours including 35 hours allocated to 5 days' of Inset to be used as directed by the SBM/HT
Term time hours 1472.25 Work pattern Mon 8:15-5pm Tue-Fri 8:30-5pm Lunch break: 1-2pm
Compulsory school holiday working hours 32.75 hours. 2 days to be worked immediately prior to start of autumn term and 1 day to be used immediately after end of summer term. [21 hours]. Remaining 11.75 hours to be used as agreed with SBM/HT (School Business Manager/Head Teacher)
Dedicated project time (away from main office): One morning (9:15-1:00pm) or afternoon (2:00-5:00pm excluding 3:15-3:45pm) per post holder per week. Project time to be agreed in advance during weekly meetings with SBM.Overview of role:
- Facilitate and manage systems for organising financial documents in order to enable effective auditing.
- Responsibility for management of all invoices from 3rd party suppliers.
- Stock and stationery management, ensuring storage areas are organised and levels of stock ready for the start of each term.
- Manage and create orders to be processed on SAGE and undertake follow-up work where necessary, such as obtaining updates from suppliers, returning items due to damage or other reasons etc.
- Process invoices on SAGE, reconciling with PO's, ensuring all necessary approvals are in place.
- Delivery management of stock. Processing claims for expenses. Generate invoices where necessary for debtors.
- Monthly reporting as required to the school accountant and SBM.
- Use SIMS and Pay360 to manage the organisation of schools meals for billing where applicable.
- Generate reports as required for funding and budgeting purposes.
- Responsibility for obtaining consent and collecting payments where applicable.
- Support SBM with residential organisation, including compliance with any LA H&S requirements.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please contact me with regards to the next steps.