Our client is a truly global law firm, operating in close to 20 territories. They are one of the biggest law firms in the world with turnover of over £1 billion and a headcount of over 5000.
London is their global HQ and is located close to mainline and tube stations. The firm offers an extensive list of benefits that includes profit-related bonus, on-site restaurant and fitness centre, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, in-house medical service (doctor & dentist) and group pension plan.
The purpose of this role is to analyse controls and processes to provide assurance and make recommendations to improve the control environment of the firm. The person performing this role will assist the Internal Audit Manager in checking and monitoring compliance with firm policies and procedures. They will provide assurance to the firm that key controls are operating to help ensure that financial information is complete and accurate and that the firm's assets are adequately safeguarded.Responsibilities
- Participate in a programme of Internal Audit office reviews, special reviews, follow up reviews and expense claim monitoring, as well assist with the coordination of the annual SRA accounts rules audits.
- Support the findings of the team by establishing patterns to ensure that high level, wider issues are concise and sufficiently highlighted and communicated as necessary (to Heads of Function, the Audit Committee)
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in office reviews and other reviews to work with the appropriate Business Teams to understand current processes and practices and identify any issues and risks. Report back to the Internal Audit Manager with recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the production of the Internal Audit reports. Be responsible for drafting sections as required and ensure a quality product is prepared for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Monitor the queries and requests for ad-hoc assistance made of the team and advise, support and consult as required to ensure that proposed solutions are technically correct, in line with firm policy and practical for the situation.
- Liaise with the Internal Audit Manager and Head of Internal Audit on a regular basis, ensuring that they are fully informed of issues, areas of focus, and seek their input and approval as required.
- Part-qualified accountant.
- Two years practical and relevant experience.
- Good understanding of processes, risks and controls.
- Internal Auditor experience.
- Practical in terms of being able to assess a situation and make recommendation in light of the circumstances.
It is Career Legal's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this temporary vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.