Technical IT Project Manager
An IT Project Manager is required urgently to shape and deliver a number of technical IT projects for a sizeable business, supporting the divestiture of the business from group. This is a complex business of circa 800 IT end-users and numerous sites spread across the county, with significant complex, critical logistical operations.
This is a major, critical project with a large number of workstreams. Examples include but are not limited to the separation of more than 20 major business critical operational applications, Office 365, Navision, Workday, BI platforms, ITSM tooling and more. You will manage workstreams/projects through the full end-to-end lifecycle across a full scope of requirements to achieve the separation of systems, processes etc, to stand the business on its own. i.e. discovery, design, build, migration, test, release, ensuring ops/support processes are in place etc, along with commercial aspects such as licencing, outsourcing of services etc.
This is a critical project being delivered at pace. You will be one Project Manager in a small team and therefore we are looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager capable of managing the delivery of a range of technical IT projects, of small-to-medium scale. You'll need to be a team player, with a can-do attitude, capable of managing multiple complex IT projects concurrently. You will be confident in working with 3rd party vendors and service providers, senior business stakeholders and directly with technical IT teams across various disciplines.Required skills and experience:
Contract to run through until the end of 2022Daily pay rate of up to £550p/d depending on experience. Potentially flexible.
- Project Management, delivering a variety of technical IT projects
- A strong understanding of information technology in corporate environment; spanning applications, infrastructure, data/business intelligence, EUC, information Security etc
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple small-to-medium sized technical projects concurrently.
- Qualified in Prince 2 / PMP / ITIL or other relevant accreditations.
- Highly organised with demonstrable experience of utilising best-practice project management tools and documentation
- Strong understanding of ITIL, Business change and associated processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to engage and manage relationships in a pressured environment
- Strong experience of procuring, engaging and managing vendors and service providers
- Able to work closely with technical delivery teams.
Off-payroll working rules apply to this engagement (i.e. it is "inside of IR35).
Note; this is the gross daily budget for resource, from which will be deducted employers liabilities (Employers NI, Apprenticeship levy). You will be paid the net amount, minus your employee liabilities which will be deducted and paid on your behalf (Employee NI, Income Tax etc).Location; Central London with flexibility to work from home two days per week. Occasional travel to other UK sites required. Must be available to start immediately/very soon