My client is a global communications agency. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. It delivers world class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture. The London office incorporates a high-achieving team, which is growing fast. They work primarily with technology, travel, education, consumer, and not for profit clients.
This client is looking for an entrepreneurially-minded Assistant Account Executive (AAE) for its fast-growing office in London. Being an assistant account executive will suit someone who loves the media. A self-starter with a natural aptitude for problem-solving. Someone who is keen to learn and grow in a supportive, yet fast-moving environment. Strength of character and a good sense of humour are also very important.
This position will be based on our consumer division that works for some of the best-known lifestyle brands and retailers on the high street and online. We develop strategic consumer campaigns based on up to the minute insights that engage the media and consumers using a 360-degree toolbox of digital and traditional media tactics and content generation as well as providing senior level counsel, issues management support, talent and influencer management and events management. We are results driven and get a buzz when we see tangible outcomes in sales, increased brand awareness and third-party recognition for our clients.PR Activities
The Assistant Account Executive will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Produce effective writing - Writing and communicating effectively with PR clients, writing for the media (this could include news releases, blogs, case studies, opinion articles and internal communications).
- Use social media - Understand when the use of social media and content generation is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign, blogging and SEO.
- Media Liaison - Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media including product and image requests, selecting strategies and tactics to pitch stories and/or products to the media, building relationships with the media (ie journalists and influencers), creating media lists, monitoring press clippings, sending/receiving press samples
- Client Liaison - Attending and participating in client meetings both in-person and by phone/zoom.
- Deliver and evaluate PR campaigns - Support the team in creating tactics, brainstorming, understanding the key elements of developing a strategy and be able to monitor and evaluate.
- Presenting - Plan, structure and deliver presentations internally and externally taking an active and professional role.
- Research & Data Analysis - To be able to research information for the team and/or clients and report key details.
- Events - Planning, organising and co-coordinating events, meeting the objectives of the brief.
- Pitch development - Speculatively pitching ideas, writing media alerts and product flashes, responding to topical issues in the media.
The assistant account executive will be required to demonstrate workload management by undertaking the following activities.
Working with People
- Time Management - Effective planning, organisingandprioritising your workload to ensure you meet deadlines and objectives across several clients.
- Diary Management - Use of outlook, ensuring diary/diaries are kept up to date.
- Arranging Meetings - Both internally and externally ensuring rooms are suitable, clean and tidy.
- Career Development - Taking responsibility for your own learning and professional development.
- Working to activity plans - Ensuring that all client objectives and deadlines are clearly understood.
The assistant account executive will be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Develop relationships - with colleagues, media, influencers and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication.
- Communicating with managers / directors and other team members - Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise.
- Team Building - Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment.
- Networking - Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining an professional image.
Skills and Experience
- Follow company procedures at all times
- Produce high quality work with excellent attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Practical use of Microsoft Office packages and experience of using social media
- Creative skills
- Organisation skills
- Client focused
- Flexible and willing attitude
- Interest in lifestyle brands and sport
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Degree with classification of 2:1 or higher
- At least three A levels or equivalent A*-C