URGENTLY REQUIRED: Teaching Assistants in a Primary School Near Hastings
Do you want to support pupils with their learning and personal development?
Can you work Monday - Friday in term time only?
Do you have your own transport?We are seeking three Teaching Assistants to provide maternity cover in a Primary school in St. Leonard's-On-Sea. The role is for 30 hours per week (working pattern to be discussed at interview).
Teaching Assistants play a crucial role in the classroom. We are seeking 3 committed individuals who can support the teachers in this school and motivate and encourage the pupils. We are looking for team players who are calm, confident and have the skills to be able to support classroom activities safely and can create a positive learning environment. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Maths and English GCSE Grade A- C or equivalent
- Knowledge of SEN
- Experience of establishing positive relationships with students and the ability to empathise with their needs.
The role of Teaching Assistant is crucial in promoting the learning and personal development of all pupils; including but not exclusively, those with special education needs. To succeed in this role, we will need you to:
- Provide support to the Teacher in the planning and evaluation of learning activities and support the delivery of learning activities
- Motivate and encourage students by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks
- Consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management strategies.
- Demonstrate active listening skills and communicate effectively with pupils, parents and carers.
This role is very well suited to a graduate who would like to undertake initial teacher training in the future. It acts as a springboard and training ground for graduates who want to train to teach. The school are also able to offer a clear pathway of progression into teaching through various routes.Do you have the skills and caring approach to succeed in this school?
Ofsted grade: Outstanding (2010)
This is an exciting, exuberant and welcoming academy where children from 3 months to 11 years old flourish in a safe and stimulating environment. The academy has impressive facilities- including extensive grounds with a large grassed playing field, adjacent woodlands, garden areas and animal areas with chickens and ducks - to ensure pupils are able to learn in exceptional environments that promote creativity and motivation. It has a published admissions number of 60 and a total capacity of 420 pupils. The academy hosts a nursery for children aged from 3 months.
We are due to interview for this role soon so if you would like to be considered then please contact me today:
All potential candidates will be subject to background checks and must be able to work in the UK.So if this sounds like the role for you then don't wait, apply today before it's too late!