Our client is a leading precision manufacturer in Nottinghamshire who require a Quality Inspector to join their team. This opportunity will be working a Days Regular shift with a salary paid between £12.18 per hour - £14.17 (subject to the experience)Role Outlined:
The Inspector will act as a quality 'gate' , throughout the manufacturing process ensuring that parts are manufactured in conformance to required specifications.Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with all procedures and work instructions
- Review/measurement and verification of product and associated documentation against the work card, drawings, process sheets and customer specifications
- Liaising with production personnel and supervision where required
- Identification of non-conforming products or processes
- The accurate and timely completion of all internal and external documentation
- Involvement with the investigation into root cause of non-conforming products
- Implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- The signing of release documentation to state the conformity of products
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Support other team functions as required.
- Work in a safe manner in order to satisfy Health & Safety legislation and to avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
- Carrying out such other duties as may reasonably be required
Requirements for the role:
- The ability to read drawings, work cards, specifications and other technical documents
- Ability to use hand measurement equipment
- The ability to interact with all levels of the organisation
- Have attention to detail and ability to write concise reports
- Ability to carry out general mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Good analytical skills
- Strong character with ability to withstand external pressures
- Ability to achieve targets
- Able to work with minimal supervision once fully authorised but also as part of a team
- Experience of working to a defined Quality Systems
- Ability to use conventional manual inspection equipment
- Ability and willingness to embrace change
- GCSE's Grades A - C
- Educated to degree level or above/equivalent experience (desirable)
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment desirable
- Experience of working to a defined Quality Systems.