Safehands Recruitment are looking for Support Workers to assist our clients in Merthyr Tydfill / Abergavenny / Ebbw Vale and surrounding areas. As an agency worker, you will have the opportunity to work at a variety of care settings ranging from hospitals and secure units, to residential and supported living environments. You will be playing a vital role in the lives of people with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, mental health issues, autistic spectrum disorders, acquired brain injuries, sensory impairment, homeslessness and/or domestic abuse.
Our workers have provided essential support to a variety of care services impacted by the pandemic. They enjoy a flexible working schedule based around their availability, and many of our staff have even been offered full-time positions after a successful placement.
As a Support Worker at Safehands Recruitment you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates (£8.91-£11/hr) paid weekly through PAYE. We don't use an umbrella company, so you will accrue Annual Leave on top of your hourly wage and won't incur any hidden fees.
- A flexible working schedule based on your availability.
- A wide range of healthcare settings to experience before finding your ideal environment.
- Free extensive training, including PBM/PMVA and Manual Handling.
- Dedicated, friendly, approachable local consultants with professional industry knowledge available 24/7.
- Free uniform.
- Free DBS Check if not on the Update Service.
Does this sound like you?
- We are looking for workers who are caring, reliable, trustworthy, flexible, empathetic and passionate about supporting vulnerable people.
- Do you have a DBS on the update service? Do you currently hold a Manual Handling or PBM/PMVA certificate? We could have you working in a matter of days.
- At least 3 months experience within Health and Social Care.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Aged 18 years and above.
- A driving license is not essential as many locations are accessible by public transport. However, having your own vehicle will give you greater flexibility over where you can work.
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you, please apply or call the South Wales team on
- Accrued Annual Leave
- Weekly pay (No umbrella company)
- Flexible shift pattern
- Wide range of environments to experience
- Free DBS and training
- Support/Care Environment: 3 months (Required)
If this sound like you, please contact Gabriela Leonte at or