To provide guidance, support and advice to the UK businesses (Health, Life, Invest and Car) and to compliance colleagues on technical compliance matters and regulatory developments.
Support the Head of Regulatory Affairs in developing and reviewing compliance policies and processes to ensure these remain fit for purpose and executing key regulatory processes, including regulatory reporting and horizon scanning.Accountabilities
- Establishing and maintaining strong stakeholder management relationships across the business.
- Interpreting new and existing regulatory requirements and their application to the business, recommending amendments to processes and controls as appropriate.
- Preparing and delivering reports and summaries of regulatory publications and assisting in preparing responses to regulatory consultations and other such papers to ensure the business views are accurately represented.
- Executing key regulatory processes such as Horizon Scanning, Reporting and Applications to ensure the UK business remains compliant.
- Working with compliance colleagues to continually deliver high quality technical advice, standards and understanding to ensure business compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Developing efficient and effective solutions to regulatory issues by working with compliance colleagues and the relevant business stakeholders.
- Supporting the implementation and training of new processes, documentation and project plans as appropriate.
- Identifying and effectively communicating regulatory risk requirements and considerations regarding business propositions, advising stakeholders to ensure all propositions are compliant.
- Support the provision of guidance and training to the business and peers on significant regulatory matters.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports for the Risk Committee and Board on compliance activities, risks and issues.
- Excellent relationship management skills to Board level (Ambassadorial Approach)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Has an evidential strategic and tactical approach
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills to an Executive level
Competent and analytically minded