We are working with a legal 500 law firm who are looking to employ a Risk & Compliance Lawyer. This role will report into the Managing Partner and work alongside the Head of Risk & Compliance.
The purpose of this role is to promote the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance and to deal with risk & compliance queries across the business.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer working in the Risk & Compliance space. This role would also be suited for an NQ solicitor or someone who is returning to work after a period of absence and is looking to move away from fee earning and get into Risk & Compliance.
It would be useful to have knowledge of implementing best practice standards regulations and professional standards, risk & compliance.
Some of the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Acting as an escalation point for conflicts and AML issues
- Providing advice on data protection
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures and training
- Identifying and advising on compliance issues
- Advising on engagement letters and terms of business
- Developing the firms file audit process
- Dealing with onboarding suppliers and reviewing contracts
- Identifying internal risk issues and contributing to projects that require risk & compliance input
- Drafting reports for senior management
If you are not a qualified lawyer but have experience working in a Risk & Compliance team in a similar law firm role, you may still be considered for the role.
This is not a remote working role, but flexibility will be given. Ideally you will be in the office once or twice a week.