A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual building a career as a BA or those with experience in this area wishing to break into private banking on a fixed term contract of 12 months. This role will involve supporting operational processes from a Front Office perspective where you will be required to perform monitoring controls and analytical reviews.
It is essential that candidates have experience of managing and implementing operational change projects, reviewing procedure documents with the ability to assess processes from both a risk/control and effectiveness perspective as you will be required to identify issues and weaknesses and make recommendations in line with regulatory constraints and strategic business objectives. Reporting to the designated line manager as well as the Steering Committee overseeing the review of Front Office processes, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Oversee the delivery of the change programme for Front Office procedures, providing regular progress reports to the Steering Committee
- Review current procedures and update where necessary to ensure they meet both regulatory and the bank's standards
- Analyse and document existing policies, activities, processes, controls and reporting, identifying and highlighting issues such as gaps, inconsistencies, inefficiencies and missing/ineffective controls and reports
- Create and develop SOPs, supporting workflows and procedural documentation, training information and guidance for FO staff
- Contribute to the planning process, development and implementation of an effective control framework alongside Control Team and Audit
Applications are welcome from those candidates who have performed a similar role, preferably within a financial services environment or have performed the duties and gained the skills required within a compliance, risk management or audit role.
Skills / Experience required for the role:
- Previous experience managing and implementing operational change projects, with the ability to build relationships with and coordinate work across multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong process improvement analysis skills and experience of using the techniques used in improvement analysis
- Understanding of business controls and audit requirements
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- A keen attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and work to strict deadlines
- The ability to understand the needs and expectations of others
- Degree-educated, or the equivalent
- Project management qualification, Lean and / or Six Sigma would be highly desirable but not essential.
Candidates must demonstrate excellent analytical and investigative skills, effective communication skills and the ability to assess and make improvements to processes and procedure documentation. Project management, Lean and / or Six Sigma would be highly desirable but not essential.
This vacancy is being advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited. The services advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited are those of an Employment Agency.