A really exciting opportunity to join a fast moving , expanding business, in this senior role , where your voice is heard and you can truly make a difference.
Supporting the daily operations of a circa £40mil purchasing department supplying into predominantly four major channels, Stores, Online, eBay and B2B departments amongst others.
Ensuring the department is maximising profit in all areas, reviewing procurement processes, payment terms, implementing a forecasting strategy and reviewing efficiencies through the entire department.
Supporting all members within the purchasing team to fulfil their potential by ensuring a development plan is in place and delivered for all.
Doing everything within your remit to help ensure the business remains the first choice for professionals looking for fantastic product ranges that are immediately available at truly competitive prices.
- Lead the purchasing team and play a key role to ensure staff and business targets and KPIs are recognised, understood and achieved by the team.
- Taking an active role in department improvement strategies which includes recognising and discussing new ideas and efficiencies within the team and the business.
- Monthly1:1's with all team members to help develop purchasing skills and ensure each person reaches his/her full potential
- Provide insight to the rest of the business in terms of purchasing, stock control and improvement to systems, processes and ranges.
- Assist with compiling and distributing weekly and monthly reporting to show the progress of the team and department KPIs.
- To take responsibility for all aspects of the purchasing department from day to day management to revenue targets, forecasting and stock values.
- Implementing a plan for the department to monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand across all key suppliers.
- To take the lead on two of the top ten suppliers in all aspects: procurement, range, rebates, availability, service and stock forecasting.
- Ensuring all customer orders are placed and delivered within time frames promised.
- Analyse current range profile, stock availability and revenue contribution to determine if products/ranges/brands are worth listing.
Experience, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager, in a significant business with formal supply chain management procedures. A CIPS qualification is desirable.
- Minimum five years' experience in procurement.
- Strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills are a must have
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- A strong knack for negotiation and networking
- Budget management
- Commercial acumen
- Interest in market dynamics along with practical business sense