If you answered yes to any of the questions above, this might be just for you
A exceptional Multi-Academy Trust withint he South Birmingam area, is currently looking for a School Administrator with Finance Office experience, to join their team. The School Administrator with Finance Office position is due to start in October 2021 and will continue on a temp to perm basis. The hours for this role are 35 hours (term time only), 8:30 - 4:30 including one hour for lunch and you will be reporting to the current trust HR Manager. This position is being offered on a flexible working basis with 2 days within the office and 3 from home. To be shortlisted for this role, experience within a school setting as well as a finance background is essential.
This school is looking for an all-rounder who is willing to immerse themselves and be part of the team. Your role in the morning will be to cover the administrative side including attendance and in the afternoon you will be working as a Finance Officer.
Will need to know Sims including attendance, Excel and FMS. Must be able to do month end including bank reconciliation, petty cash, banking etc.
Some of your responsibilities as School Administrator / Finance Officer include:
- Entering transactions into the school's financial accounting system (FMS), including the processing of journals Finance - Purchasing
- Raise and send purchase orders/log commitments on the school's accounting system
- Where appropriate, and in accordance with the card use policy, purchase goods using the school's purchasing card
- Validate and process invoices and cheques
- Knowledge and understanding of FMS / Months End is essential for this role.
- Undertake other reconciliations as requested by the Business Manager Income management - Parentpay
- Process any cheques or cash received directly to the school, prepare banking sheets/paying in slips and deliver to the bank and ensure these are posted and reconciled into FMS
- Answering phones and dealing with parent queries and entering information onto SIMS
In return you will be working with a highly supportive team and an understanding Headteacher within a school rated GOOD with outstanding features by Ofsted. Caring parents and feel part of a school community and pupils who want to learn. This school offers continued professional development and possible career progression.
For more information about this role, please contact Charlotte Clarke at Tradewind Recruitment Agency on or alternatively send an updated CV to