Job descriptionSupplier Account Manager
We have an excellent career opportunity for a Supplier Account Manager with a growing technology firm in Cardiff. Our client has successfully expanded the team in recent months and due to continued growth and demand, they have an additional permanent opportunity. Our client is Europe's leading procurement platform, interacting with hundreds of suppliers, thousands of manufacturers, and over a million business customers. This role will enable you to work with large corporate clients and small SMEs, supporting businesses to realize enormous amounts of procurement process efficiencies. Our client employs 600 staff and operates across 14 European Countries.
As the Supplier Account Manager, you'll work from our client's beautiful modern office situated in Cardiff City Centre, there's a coffee shop and well-furnished break-out area on-site as well as a train station, bus routes and bars and restaurants nearby. You'll work with a close-knit team, reporting to the Senior Supplier Manager, you'll have lots of contact with an inspirational MD who's focused on maintaining a business that puts people first, rewards hard work, develops talent, and supports his employees to be the best they can be.
- Liaising with business leaders across a wide range of supplier industries and promoting the platform benefits to their business.
- Actively sourcing contacts and potential supplier opportunities by utilizing LinkedIn and keeping on top of commercial business news.
- Working with the wider business (customer services, IT etc) to onboard suppliers and manage the supplier journey.
- Acting as the main point of contact to your suppliers, maintaining information on systems, building relationships via telephone and virtual meetings.
- Working closely with internal departments in the UK and Europe
- Utilizing data and industry insights to drive supplier verticals.
- Utilizing LinkedIn to raise brand awareness, engage with suppliers, and create content that's engaging, relevant, and raises the profile of the organization.
- Develop and create supplier value propositions
- Contribute or Lead on projects
- Work closely with the Senior Team to develop large supplier
- Monitor contracts
This role is an influencing role as opposed to a sales-based account manager position; our client offers a career opportunity at a time of considerable growth. In this varied position, you will work with a talented senior team and colleagues who are like-minded. In return for your dedication, you will have;
- Agile working
- Career and progression plans including investment into training and development
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + incentivized time off for high performance or going the extra mile
- Initially this role is office-based, once you are confident in your role you will have the opportunity to work 3 days from the office and 2 days from home (very flexible)
- Company Laptop and mobile phone
- Trusting work culture
- Travel opportunities (Occasional European Travel)
- Family-friendly work policies
- Team building days: The UK team are a diverse, friendly, and talented bunch of people, fully expensed socials and team building days can include anything from a delicious meal and cocktails in a lovely restaurant to foraging trips with a guide or an afternoon at escape rooms, not to mention the annual German Christmas party.
If you have experience in account management or perhaps, you're currently working in a sales role but desire the opportunity to work for an ambitious, growing Tech firm where you're more than a number and have genuine career growth opportunities you must apply for this role.
Rachel Morris is managing the recruitment on an exclusive basis. If you are interested in this post please apply today.
Reference ID: 3673728