Network Engineer Team Leader - Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Multicast.
An exciting and varied role working within a Major Brokerage House in The City .... Whilst not essential preferred candidates will come from a Financial / Banking Background although it does provide candidates with "the Right" skills to gain Financial experience. Paying in the £80 to £100k region (skills dependant) + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits.
The Infrastructure Network Team Lead is the "technical owner" of the Network team and will be responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the global network in general. The role requires a highly skilled Network Team Lead that possesses the hands-on networking experience in managing a global network and also has the experience of leading a global team of experienced network engineers.
Applications may be considered from strong Technical Candidates looking for a break into a Team Lead role.Responsibilities:
Skills & Experienced Required:
- Manages and leads a team of network engineers.
- Ensuring network projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Ensuring JIRA tickets are up to date on a weekly basis.
- Communicates project requirements and review JIRA tickets with the team and allocate the right resources to projects
- Motivates team members and assesses performance.
- Support the management team, including hiring and training, and keeps management updated on team performance.
- Consistently highlight risks/concerns to the management team.
- Supports the Head of Infrastructure and performs management duties when he/she is absent or out of office.
- Network operational excellence and making sure the network is stable at all time.
- Review and approve network changes
- Project consultation for new network requirements.
- Ensuring all production network equipment are on support contract.
- Network contract renewal.
- Network budget.
- Operational support for all network related issues.
- Design/Implementation of new network requirements/changes.
- Network security design and implementation.
Non Essential But Highly Desirable Skills:
- Team Leadership Experience (> 2 years)
- Strong working experience in data centre network and office network design/implementation
- Working knowledge of Juniper MPLS implementation
- Palo Alto Firewall working experience (> 2-3 years)
- Cisco, Arista and Juniper networking experience (>10 years)
- Working experience in Cloud computing network design/implementation (AWS)
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Motivational Skills
- Strong analytical and network troubleshooting skills
- MPLS, RSVP, LDP, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, VRF
- Multicast PIM Sparse and dense mode working experience > 2 years)
- Dynamic routing protocol (OSPF/BGP)
- IPSec VPN
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - Terraform/AWS and Ansible - Good exposure
- IP network packet troubleshooting and analysis
- Firewall DMZ design and implementation
- Internet architecture design and implementation
- Good understanding of IP Telephony
- Good understanding of different exchange connectivity (e.g. CME, ICE, Liffe, Eurex, MEFF, LME)
- Project management skills from inception to delivery
Working in a vibrant environment with the opportunity to learn expand on existing as well as learn new skills with an excellent salary and benefits to include:
- Previous Financial experience - Futures & Options Trading / Settlement Systems.
- Some Linux / Unix System Administration - RedHat, Ubuntu, Solaris.
- Knowledge of at least one of the ISV's products and their connectivity - Trading Technologies, Stellar, ULLink, WebICE, Object Trading, Fidessa, ION / Patsystems, Trayport.
- Exchange Connectivity - ICE / LIFFE, Eurex, CME / CBOT, Xetra, Chi-X, LME, LSE, NYSE.
- Inclusion in Personal and Company Bonus + Overtime
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 30 days.
- Health Care, Health and Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
Any network related qualifications beneficial - CCNP, CCIE, JNCIPIf you're an experienced Network Engineer looking for your next opportunity to grow your knowledge / career and learn new skills then please apply in strict confidence for more information.