Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a leading national utility business in search for an experienced Billing Manager. This company are a very successful market leader who pride themselves on creating a positive and supportive work environment.Your new role
The purpose of the role is to manage the billing & tariffs for the regulated utility businesses in accordance with the relevant regulatory pricing frameworks and Licence conditions. This will cover 3 main areas; the management of all invoice production, tariff management and supporting the regulatory team regarding pricing matters. Specifically this will include:
Management of invoice production:
- Ensure accurate and timely production of monthly invoicing to gas shippers and electricity suppliers: c. £200 million per annum.
- Monitor email enquiries to shared mailbox, ensure timely responses are provided to billing queries and credit notes raised as required.
- Monitor billing system performance including data integrity & completeness checks; tracking of inbound data flows, resolution of any processing issues in conjunction with ICT, Customer Services, or third-party system providers as required.
- Review of invoice outputs to ensure accurate and regulatory compliant presentation of charges.
- Completion of billing run reviews and sign off with adherence to internal SOX controls.
- Manage the production of all the group's charging statements in conjunction with the Regulation team.
- Ensure all billing systems are kept up to date with the latest tariffs in line with regulatory requirements.
- Work with the Finance Manager - Revenue & Assurance to provide a corresponding impact analysis paper for each annual regulatory pricing change.
- Ensure all connections are billed on the correct tariffs in line with the group's revenue assurance programme.
- Support maintenance of the group's pricing models for quotations.
- Assist in the group's management and understanding of boundary charges across all utilities.
Pricing regulatory matters
- Provide Ofgem with accurate and timely statistical and financial returns and respond to ad hoc requests.
- Provide assistance to related teams within the group.
- Provide external bodies with accurate and timely reporting.
- Represent the group on industry change programmes as required.
- Preparation, input, and validation of Loss Adjustment factors (LAFS) into the Electricity Settlements system
- Participation in audits
This is a full time role working 37 hours a week and will offer a hybrid working pattern of 2 days from home and 3 in the office per week.What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong Academic credentials or degree standard education (accounting or economics discipline desirable)
- Experience of UK utility regulation and pricing.
- Experience of tariff management and invoicing processes.
- Proven ability to manage a small team.
- Some experience of complex, high volume financial data analysis.
- Able to work in and across small, focused teams.
What you need to do now
- Organised, capable of balancing conflicting priorities and managing workload to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication & management skills; able to effectively train, mentor & develop team members as required.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Numerate & analytical with high attention to detail; able to work quickly and accurately with high volumes of data, and present summarised findings in a clear and concise format for management review.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.