Finance Business Partner - up to 50k per annum - Guildford (hybrid role)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join this finance team who are currently undergoing some positive and exciting change. This role will provide support to both the Surrey and Sussex sites and this is a central role between the budget holders and leaders of the finance function. As the Finance Business Partner, you will advise, challenge, and influence as needed to ensure the best use of the resources. The role
- Develop a knowledge of the operations within the two sites that you will be supporting
- Ensure that senior officers and staff have accurate financial and relevant information, by bringing business intelligence and operational knowledge to budget setting, forecasting and financial reporting.
- Provide strategic financial advice and support, as an integral part of the operational management function.
- Work with the business to understand cost drivers and performance priorities and interpret financial implications of decisions.
- Support the financial analysis of business areas to prepare for Spending Reviews, risk management and business planning processes.
- Providing an interface connecting budget holders and senior leaders with the collective Finance Team.
- Ensure that the Head of Business Partnering and Support, the Budget team and the Chief Accountant are fully aware of factors from the operations activities that have financial implications, and have notice of issues that need to be addressed within Finance.
- Providing a high quality, customer focused management accounting service (through the support of Assistant Accountants) for key stakeholders when needed in order to ensure the delivery of timely and accurate financial reports and analysis.
- Maintaining a full understanding of the organisation's financial framework (policies, procedures and governance) and ensure that these are properly understood and being applied appropriately in the relevant business areas.
- Building financial and commercial awareness and capability for non-finance staff within the business, and motivation for Financial Management.
- Line managing an Assistant Accountant who will provide management accountancy support doing analysis and reporting on customer financial issues.
- Fully qualified
- Experience of providing Management Accounting support at senior levels.
- Financial management experience including budget preparation, reviews of actual variances against budget, financial modelling to predict outturns, and accounts close down.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to explain complex technical accounting to non-finance stakeholders
- This role will involve travel between the Surrey and Sussex sites