Legal Practice Manager - Dursley
A superb opportunity has arisen for a motivated Practice Manager to join a long standing and friendly legal practice in Gloucestershire. This is a rare opportunity and one that will offer long term development and job security.
The firm is looking for someone with a strong commercial acumen to become an integral member of the team to work closely with the Managing Partner. The ideal candidate will possess experience of general practice and HR policies including compliance and legal accounts.
The position carries the following main responsibilities:
- Updating monthly budgets
- Monthly Payroll information to Accountants
- Providing data for management budgets
- Processing practising Certificates renewals and maintaining the firm's records with the Solicitors' regulation Authority
- Providing data for and regular liaising with external accountants
- Preparing quarterly fee earner statistical reports
- Administration of salary sacrifice schemes
- Arranging Partners' meetings (both monthly and annually) and attending for note taking
- Placing job vacancies with recruitment agencies
- Arranging staff appraisals and maintaining personnel records.
- Preparing the annual professional Indemnity Insurance renewal
- Processing dividend documentation and maintaining the firm's records at Companies House
- Administer the firm's pensions scheme
- Office of National Statistics reports
- Benchmarking reports (annual) re the Law Society industry standards
We require someone who can use their own initiative to deliver positive results. It is essential to show a minimum of 3 years' experience in an administrative role within the legal environment.
It is important that you will be able to take control of the day-to-day finance operations of the practice in order to ensure the smooth-running of the firm.
You may desire some flexibility and the firm is prepared to offer this to you in return for your loyalty and commitment.
Please contact Rachel Phillips in the Cardiff head office for a confidential discussion or apply for the role directly below.