Business Project Manager - Change and Enterprise, up to £50,000, hybrid working (one day a week in the office)
Business Project Manager
Location: Working from home during Covid & thereafter flexible/hybrid working arrangements including Leeds/Bradford offices
Your new role
As a Business Project Manager, you will be working within the expanding Enterprise and Change team, and significantly contribute to large scale operational engineering & capital delivery programmes. You will manage one or more projects and will work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to drive projects delivering against agreed targets. You will ensure that projects of work are delivered to scope, time, cost, and quality; that project risks are managed in line with business targets.
- Accountable for day-to-day delivery, management, coordination, and control of assigned projects including development of the Project Definition Document (PDD), including scope, goals and deliverables, with support of business owners.
- Responsible for scoping and creating Project Management Plans (PMP)
- Responsible for managing all resources assigned to the project, setting clear objectives and managing performance on a project basis. Responsible for providing feedback on project performance to project boards as appropriate.
- Accountable for forecasting and reporting of key project information, updating agreed project management reports and documentation and feeding in to programme level reports and Boards.
- Responsible for giving direction to and leading IT projects managers who are providing specific IT deliverables into projects or programmes
What you'll need to succeed
- APM accredited or holding equivalent project management qualification
- Experienced Business Project Manager with knowledge of project implementation and cultural change
- Strong Communication skills, able to manage interdependencies with enabling parts of the business. i.e. where the project is enabled by IT, Data, or people.
- Self-starter with a track record of delivering positive outcomes in a complex cross functional environment.
- High level of resilience with the ability to maintain positive can-do attitude
- Analytical mind set with the ability to understand trends and make data led decisions
- Strong and structured approach to project management with the ability to manage costs against benefits
- Ability to negotiate and influence at higher, strategic levels.
What you'll get in return
This exciting position is paying up to £46,021 negotiable on experience and offers an excellent work life balance, hybrid working (in the office approx. once a week), and competitive benefits.