Our Risk Management Services ALM Banking team is growing fast and with our continued success in delivering high quality and differentiated support to our clients, we expect this to continue. As such, we expect you to take an active role in the development of the strategic management and running of the ALM Banking team and its position in the wider Risk Management Services practice. This could include the development of one of our core product areas such as market risk, liquidity and capital along with hedging, pricing of illiquid assets, financial traded instruments and bank balance sheet optimisation to Financial Institutions clients.Essential skills and experience
Professional and Responsibilities:
- Bachelors and Masters degrees (PhD is a plus) in quantitative or finance related subjects
- Professional qualifications e.g. CFA, FRM, FIA is a plus.
- Proven professional experience in Banking, Financial Institutions, Rating Agencies or Consulting.
- Should have prior experience linked to either Treasury & ALM, Market Risk (Banking or Trading Book), Risk Management, Complex Asset Instruments (Credit portfolio, Structured Finance, Real Estate, Mortgages), Structuring or Trading related roles in the financial industry.
- Prior experience in managing people with good people skills, delivering to tight timelines. This is required for effective team work and client management.
- Experience should reflect a good balance of business acumen in the area of experience as well quantitative knowledge of solving problems. Preference to prior modelling experience.
- Liaising directly with clients, including at board and senior management levels, and leading a number of these relationships
- Managing client projects, including structuring the approach, team and timeline and driving each assignment to a successful conclusion, reporting to the Partner and Director team.
- Developing the hypotheses and insights to unlock challenging client problems specially in Market Risk, Complex Assets or Treasury related topics. Dealing effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Managing the development of junior team members on projects and identifying opportunities for them to grow and build their skills.
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- This might be useful but not necessary: proficiency in at least one of the coding languages (e.g. VBA, R, SAS, C++, Python, MatLab).
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.