About the team
Our Risk Modelling Services (RMS) team is a diverse group of 350 individuals across London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol and Mumbai, with a wide range of skills and experience within insurance, banking and commercial & government. We are experiencing rapid growth and are looking to expand our Banking sub-team of 80 specialists, who advise leading banks across the UK and globally on a wide variety of risk, value and capital management issues. You will be a key part of this growth story, with the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects in a collaborative, inclusive and well-recognised team.About the role
As a Senior Manager, you will lead and manage teams, working directly with clients and reporting to the leadership team to deliver a range of credit risk modelling and validation projects such as:
- Credit risk model development, including support on future modelling considerations and the impact of regulatory changes.
- Specialist review and challenge of IFRS 9 models for our audit clients.
- End-to-end model validation - including validation of data, review and challenge of conceptual soundness and underlying assumptions, assessing model limitations, performing quantitative testing, and delivering exhaustive reports.
- Interaction with stakeholders including credit risk managers, model development / validation teams, and internal stakeholders across PwC.
- Helping to develop our internal propositions to take to market, including in emerging areas such as ESG.
- Maintaining an up-to-date view of regulatory and industry developments - enabling knowledge sharing with the wider team and the ability to maintain leading edge best practice.
The role will be based in the UK, at any of our offices in London, Edinburgh, Bristol or Manchester. Hybrid / flexible working is also possible through PwC's Everyday Flexibility. Essential Experience:
- Proven experience working within a banking organisation or professional services firm, specialising in at least one area of credit risk modelling (provisioning, capital or stress testing), for Retail or Wholesale portfolios.
- Strong understanding of credit risk concepts and associated regulatory requirements, including at least one of: IFRS 9, IRB or Stress Testing
- Experience with at least one of the following (or similar): SAS, SQL, R, Python
Desirable skills / attributes:
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to translate complexity for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good people skills, including interpersonal sensitivity, influencing and negotiation.
- Demonstrable experience in managing teams, client liaison and relationship management.
- Attention to detail, creativity and problem-solving skills, with a willingness to share ideas.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude, with a strong commitment to personal and team success.
- Agility and flexibility to work on and juggle different projects.
- Willingness to travel to client sites and other UK office locations periodically (outside of COVID-19 conditions).
- Further qualification could be a plus (such as MSc, PhD or professional qualification in relevant subject/area, e.g., mathematical finance or technical research involving maths or numerical programming).
- Demonstrable experience working with a range of stakeholders, internally or across clients within a consulting-type role.
- Understanding of a bank's wider credit risk management processes, including model governance and capital & financial planning functions.
- Hands-on experience with credit risk model development in either SAS, R or Python.
- Familiarity with recent regulatory updates, and enthusiasm and motivation to embrace new emerging financial themes.
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.