In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth.
We put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. Our teams work on iconic deals with national and global clients as well as operating and investing in businesses, new ventures and entrepreneurs in our local market and communities. It's both a responsibility and a privilege to guide our clients through moments that matter deeply to them. Our breadth of clients in an ever-changing market means we need to be agile - responding when we need to, in a way that really makes a difference.
We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. The insight we create, coupled with the innovative tools and methodologies we use to access and evaluate the data that matters, contributes to the success of our clients in all Deals situations. We encourage our clients to think more broadly - connecting their actions today with their successes tomorrow. We help our clients throughout the Deals lifecycle to create lasting value for their businesses.
Each of our key areas within Deals, delivers services to the market individually or together by combining our specialists to provide comprehensive client solutions.
A career in our Restructuring and Refinancing practice, within Deals Business Recovery Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our clients survive an imminent crisis or simply fix gaps in their organisation. In joining, you'll help clients, among other things, reduce balance sheet stress, generate cash and reduce costs or refinance to find the best source of capital to support their business objectives. Whatever the solution, we help them manage road blocks until the job is done.Our team helps businesses identify and access the right debt markets to support capital needs, allowing our clients to raise or retain financing on the most advantageous terms. As part of our team, you'll assist with financial modelling, developing a comprehensive set of financing solutions, and managing the execution of the solution best aligned to our client.About the team
The restructuring financial advisory team within Business Restructuring Services (BRS) operates across all segments of the market. The team provides financial advice on debt raising and restructuring to a wide range of corporates and stakeholders including lenders, equity holders, credit funds, pension trustees and government bodies. Whilst based in London, the team often works on leading international projects and the role may include international travel
We're looking for a Manager to join us.
About the role
A typical assignment may include some or all of the following:
Essential skills and experience
- Review of current financial position, key drivers of value and key risks of businesses across a range of sectors and geographies in order to identify the right capital structure solution
- Work with multiple senior stakeholders to negotiate, agree and implement solutions
- Review (often in a short space of time) of businesses for long term viability, valuation and assessing capital structure options
- Review and understanding of the priority of various classes of creditor
- Managing and monitoring the cash flows of the business
- Work alongside management to implement cost saving and working capital improvement plans
- Working alongside other PwC teams, including specialist lines of service and sector experts Preparation of presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. lenders, private equity sponsors, management)
- Sound financial analytical skills
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Understanding of key restructuring and/or insolvency principles
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels (internal and external)
- Ability to develop and train junior members of the team
- Experience of managing projects to completion
- Flexibility in working location
- Ability to support marketing and business development, demonstrating a proactive approach to the marketplace
- Proven project and time management skills
- Good excel modelling skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised working environment
- Excellent verbal and written English
Who we're looking for
The team welcomes applications from individuals who have a keen interest and knowledge in regard to the work that the team undertakes. They will be looking for clear examples on why you have applied and what you can bring to the team. All applicants must have conducted considerable research into PwC and BRS prior to interview.
You'll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world's leading professional organisations. With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place. Please apply if you have a keen interest in the work we do.Deals
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.