Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
PwC's Asset and Wealth Management (AWM) practice is the market leading AWM audit business. Our business is a national practice comprising over 600 staff with a presence in 12 offices across the UK, and comprises both financial audit and non-audit assurance businesses.Working in AWM will provide opportunities to gain experience working across a variety of clients including FTSE listed, global private companies, private partnerships, funds and Private Equity and Venture Capitalist backed companies. You'll work across a wide variety of industry sectors including, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, Pensions, Private Equity, traditional Asset and Wealth management, as well as technology and asset servicing businesses. This breadth of client base gives our people an unmatchable opportunity to gain deep understanding and experience across the whole AWM sector.
As a Senior Manager, you'll lead a team of forward-thinking individuals to deliver high quality audits. You'll be responsible, alongside the audit engagement leader, to develop and nurture relationships with our client's senior leaders and work with them to plan the audit process from beginning to end. A rewarding career path awaits - join our team to develop yourself as a strategic leader, benefit from the wide range of development opportunities at PwC alongside contributing to the success of the audit business.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading large multi-location, often international, teams using your people and relationship management skills to deliver high quality audit work from project planning to completion;
- Developing trusted senior client relationships and demonstrating curiosity that allows you to have insightful conversations and provide appropriate challenge during the Audit;
- Building connections across teams and specialist areas within PwC to bring insight to the organisations we audit. This includes managing specialist teams supporting the audit, building consensus around conflicting views and making recommendations where appropriate;
- Leading the delivery of the areas of complex or judgemental audit work, including identifying issues, analysing multiple data points to draw informed conclusions and clearly articulate these conclusions in written and verbal form to senior stakeholders;
- Ensuring the team's audit documentation meets the highest standards, reviewing financial statements to ensure they comply with relevant requirements;
- Managing the financial and resource aspects of Audit engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach throughout;
- Leading internal projects supporting PwC and the lines of service, as well as acting as a role model, mentor and coach for junior staff members in your business unit;
- Putting the team first by coaching with purpose, being present with the team and openly communicating expectations; and
- Encouraging an inclusive team environment that promotes innovative thinking, collaboration and constructive challenge - helping people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Be Chartered Accountant / ACA / ACCA / ICAS qualified accountant (or international equivalent) or have equivalent work experience in Audit (including international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience);
- A high level of experience of IFRS and/or UK GAAP and be highly skilled in using international standards on auditing;
- Highly developed project management skills and a strong track record of managing larger or more complex audits to the highest standard from planning to completion;
- Has the ability to communicate complex or contentious audit matters clearly and concisely in both verbal and written form to colleagues and senior client stakeholders;
- Has the ability to offer considered points of view in client conversations around broader industry topics and provide knowledgeable challenge to senior clients in the context of an audit; and
- Takes pride in their work and in the Audit profession. Shows resilience and demonstrates dedication to self development including being agile and innovative in the digital world.
Find out more about our PwC office locations.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.The Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.