The Business Continuity Management team is a specialist area and is part of our wider Business Resilience team, within Internal Firm Services.
We are responsible for the UK firm's Business Continuity Management System and hold certification to ISO 22301:2019.
The team's mandate is to collaborate across the firm in developing our business continuity management system and response strategies, being subject matter experts and supporting our colleagues should incidents occur.
We're constantly aiming to improve our system and processes and have recently set a refreshed strategy which means we are strengthening and growing our discipline in response to changes internally and externally.
The team is small but with a wide scope, so being able to work alone, bring ideas across the whole business continuity lifecycle and deliver as well as being an effective team player is essential.
The Business Continuity Programme Delivery Manager role will lead on the management and oversight of the business continuity programme, ensuring programme priorities are implemented through measurable goals, overseeing the quality and execution of the team's activities.
This will involve overseeing the work and line management of our Business Continuity Relationship Managers.
The role is a Senior Manager position, leading on the BC Team's interaction with Partners and staff at all levels across the firm.
This can be based in London or a regional office, although we expect you to travel to all our offices depending on business needs.
We work flexibly and you will also be able to work from home periodically in line with the 'Deal'.
There is also a requirement to be "on-call" as part of our Incident Management process.
Reporting to the Business Continuity and Incident Management Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining and overseeing the business continuity management system processes to ensure the team have robust governance
- Building and implementing a risk-based approach to the conduct and reporting on the team's activities such as business impact analysis, exercises and tests, the awareness and education programme
- Reporting on progress of the activities being undertaken and producing data-driven insights to the Business Continuity & Incident Management and Business Resilience Leads and other senior stakeholder resilience governance groups
- Management and coaching of the Business Continuity Relationship Managers (who have specific areas of responsibility) to improve processes and support the wider firm in implementing business continuity strategies and solutions
- Managing the implementation of projects (led by our BC Specialist Project Lead) into established processes
- Inspiring others to understand their roles and responsibilities for BC, and to champion the firm's BC programme. As well as leading colleagues in the BC team, at times you will need to lead top management, and to drive change in process and behaviours
- Using your technical knowledge and experience in supporting and guiding the team and other stakeholders
You'll also be expected to take an active role in the continual improvement of the Business Continuity Management System, including maintenance of documentation, action logs, improvement initiatives and supporting internal and external assessments to ISO 22301:2019
Not the role for you?
- Excellent knowledge and experience of managing ISO 22301 and sister standards certification programme/s
- Proven previous management experience in Business Continuity and securing senior management endorsement and support for business continuity activities
- Collaborative, able to deliver on the strategic direction, priorities and plans for the business continuity team, constructively engaging and challenging peers
- Ability to assess, react quickly and decisively to problems once identified, taking difficult decisions where needed and able to determine a course of action in any situation
- Strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to think both broadly and deeply
- Clear and accurate communicator - both in spoken and written communications
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of a large, professional services organisation, the various business units inter-dependencies (sometimes globally) and how disruption can impact business performance
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.The Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.