We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Hear from Ed Stacey, Tax People Leader about what a career in Tax could mean for you - from development, to our culture, to what we value in our people when building our team.
TRS (Tax Transformation) is expanding all of its proposition areas to meet increasing demand in the market - namely Tax Operating Models, ERP & Data and Technology. We are looking to add team members who will work on a mixture of large scale transformation programmes and small discrete transformation projects. This will include all aspects of the end to end process including scoping, design and implementation of the tax transformation solution.
We are looking for high quality candidates, motivated by a desire to work within this fast moving environment and be capable of dealing with the technical demands that this will bring. You may have a mixture of the following skills and experience (either in-house or as an advisor) in relation to any tax type (preferably corporate or indirect tax related). As a senior manager we would expect you to have had experience leading projects or have worked as part of a delivery team on some very significant or large transformation projects:
- working on multi-territory / multi-Tax projects, managing multiple stakeholders
- a good understanding of how finance operates within large multinational organisations and/or experience in ERPs, finance consolidation systems or Management Information systems.
- been involved in tendering and/or delivering large sourcing arrangements such as outsourcing or moving processes into a shared service centre
- been involved in finance system integration and/or tax technology design or implementation projects,
- small automation and visualisation implementations to improve data usage or presentation
- designing a tax function
- benchmarking or current state assessments of how tax is delivered within an organisation
- process mapping and improvement exercises
- experience of dealing with real time reporting and compliance requirements
- tax strategy design
- implementation of a tax governance framework
- other involvement in a tax transformation project
We're looking for Senior Managers to join our team to enable us to achieve our ambitious growth plans. We are essentially a consulting business and little of our work is routine. Projects range from one-off initiatives providing bespoke solutions to specific problems, through to long-term tax transformation.
As part of the role you will be responsible for:
- Working on a team and/or leading a team with blue chip clients (listed and inbound) across a broad spectrum of sectors or fast growing businesses that are privately owned/PE backed.
- Supporting and/or leading the day to day delivery of projects, working closely with both senior and junior members of the team to provide outstanding service to our clients.
- Working with clients' teams and teams from other lines of service (e.g. Consulting)
- Participating in the identification of technology solutions and process/operational changes for our clients across different tax areas (indirect tax, corporate tax, withholding tax etc.)
- Having a strong focus on service proposition development and subsequent execution of the delivery of the service offerings
- Identifying opportunity areas for new ways to leverage clients' existing technology stack and organisational design and participate in the iterative development
You will have:Essential skills:
- Tax technical knowledge in direct and/or indirect taxes
- Experience in process or organisational redesign or tax technology
- Project management experience
- Track record of working on large scale, multi-tax, multi-territory projects.
Not the role for you?
- Leading large scale transformation projects
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.