About our team
Resilience and Risk Management is a broad based proposition covering governance, non-financial risk, operational resilience, compliance and third party management. We support all sectors of the financial services industry with advice on regulatory compliance, operating model transformation, assessing and monitoring risk and reducing costs in the supply chain.
As a Manager in R&RM you will work on a wide variety of different engagements that will allow you to leverage the experience you have gained in your career to date as well as quickly develop new skills across the entire R&RM agenda including:
- Operational Resilience - support clients build resilience and sustainability by embedding measures to prevent, respond to, recover and learn from operational disruptions, with a particular focus on important services and third parties, technology, data, premises and people.
- Outsourcing and third party risk management (TPRM) - work on the design and implementation of regulatory compliance frameworks, and support our managed services function to help clients to assess third party controls, monitor ongoing risk and define activities to improve their operating environment, including the selection and implementation of process management and reporting tools.
- Governance and Non-Financial Risk - review, design, implement and transform risk and control frameworks - reviewing existing client risk management and control frameworks and supporting with design and implementation of new frameworks.
- Compliance - help clients transform their approach to global compliance by developing new and innovative operating models, leveraging the best of technology, workforce diversification and operational excellence to ensure that compliance delivers a high quality of control efficiently.
We are looking for individuals with experience across one or more of these areas. It is not expected that you will have worked in all these areas.
Who we're looking for
- Working with the team and engagement leader, you will take responsibility for various areas of the engagement, which may include:
- Supporting assessments of clients' operations to determine opportunities for improvement
- Managing delivery of engagements in alignment with client objectives and expectations
- Working with other team members (PwC and client) to develop and implement new ways of working that meet client objectives and expectations
- Writing reports for clients
- Supporting business development activities such as preparing responses to tenders, supporting and participating in sales pitches and winning new work
- Conducting market research to support the development of new client relationships and opportunities.
- Ownership of your personal development to ensure you are equipped with the skills relevant to the proposition now and in the future.
- Coaching junior members of the team, providing support, training and feedback.
- Participating in proposition development activities to make R&RM a 'great place to work'.
An ambitious and enthusiastic member of the team, with the ability to communicate with people from a range of backgrounds at any level or grade. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn, who can think on their feet, and apply their knowledge in a fast moving working environment.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Exposure to one or more of our proposition areas including governance, risk and controls, third party risk management, compliance or operations resilience;
- Experience of working on operating model transformations to define business requirements, design new processes and systems and implement them with the client
- Project/programme management experience including the creation of project plans, budgets, risks and issues and status reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in particular ability to write concise and accurate reports and create and deliver compelling presentations.
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple internal and external stakeholders, working on a wide range of projects and initiatives.
- Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the wider team.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.The Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.