In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth.
We put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. Our teams work on iconic deals with national and global clients as well as operating and investing in businesses, new ventures and entrepreneurs in our local market and communities. It's both a responsibility and a privilege to guide our clients through moments that matter deeply to them. Our breadth of clients in an ever-changing market means we need to be agile - responding when we need to, in a way that really makes a difference.
We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. The insight we create, coupled with the innovative tools and methodologies we use to access and evaluate the data that matters, contributes to the success of our clients in all Deals situations. We encourage our clients to think more broadly - connecting their actions today with their successes tomorrow. We help our clients throughout the Deals lifecycle to create lasting value for their businesses.
Each of our key areas within Deals, delivers services to the market individually or together by combining our specialists to provide comprehensive client solutions.Who are we?
We are the world's largest and most successful deal analytics and modelling team. Sitting at the heart of PwC's +$10bn global deals business, we work with the world's largest investors on their most complex transactions and restructurings.
Our purpose is to support the increasingly sophisticated client demand for advanced data-driven insights to underpin their critical investment decisions. We deliver this with:
- A range of products and services that deliver transformational insights to our clients throughout the deal cycle;
- Significant investments in cutting edge technologies and platforms
- A world class and truly diverse team with a range of data science, technology, commercial, financial and industry backgrounds
For the right candidate, this is an amazing opportunity to build a career in an environment that fosters a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, with the unrivalled security, personal development, client access and investment that PwC brings.
We offer an exciting, continuous development journey to help you become a market leading deals advisor.
PwC operates in 156 countries around the world with over 295,000 employees and revenues of US$45bn. What you'll be doing:
Your main area of focus will be Deal Analytics which is used by our clients to support almost every critical business decision.
As part of this team you will help design and deliver truly game changing analysis and insights to meet a range of business needs. For example:
- Using your depth and breadth of experience and knowledge to enhance the skills across your team; you will lead, mentor and empower your teams
- Building and developing strong relationships at all levels
- Bringing structure and clarity to complex problems and business scenarios within tight deadlines, and making sure your team are supported in times of high pressure and ambiguity
- Creating reports and presentations and translating our findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders to support robust, evidence-based decisions
- Leading business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients.
Most importantly, we need you to become a business partner and strategic advisor to our clients, translating and communicating your analysis to help answer the critical commercial questions.
In summary, we've built an amazing team in which we're confident you'll have fun, learn loads, build confidence and have some fantastic experiences (personal and professional).How will you get us interested?
You will be technically-minded, and driven by solving complex problems, and you get a kick out of explaining how you do it. You'll be working with some excellent analytical brains, but also varying stakeholders for our clients, and for this reason you will know how to explain the technical details to non-technical people.
You will use your commercial and financial skills to understand the drivers of a business, analyse their data and use this to provide clear insights and advice to our clients.Therefore, what we can't go without is:
- Experience of leading multiple teams and projects in high-pressure environments
- Significant experience of performing business development, winning work, pitching to clients, developing relationships
- Experience connecting disparate sources of data, structuring and cleansing it using data manipulation tools (e.g. Alteryx, SQL, Python, Power Query)
- Experience using data visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview)
- You will be experienced and have a keen interest in coaching and mentoring others in Data & Analytics concepts and tools; always striving to upskill and empower your teams
The role requires flexibility to travel throughout the UK.We'd love to tell you more, so press apply and chat to our recruitment team!Deals
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.The Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.