Have you set up and run your own business? Do you want to help people start up or help them grow their own business, if so then this opportunity might be for you?
What are we looking for?
We are seeking Self Employment Business Mentors to coach and mentor customers referred from DWP who are looking to start up their own business or for those that are already trading to grow their business further. Ideally, you will have first hand experience of business ownership and self-employment.
As a Self Employment Business Mentor you will coach and mentor individuals to become independent and create a sustainable business. As each of our customers seek unique support within a range of business mentoring, our mentors can be found in every industry.
What do we expect from you?
Delivering one to one sessions allocating uninterrupted, quality time with each customer. You will assess customers potential or existing business idea and will then continue to support them to develop a robust Business Plan and Cash Flow forecast. You will help to identify their own strengths and weaknesses and discuss ways to improve these. Maintaining regular and effective contact will be essential to ensure your customers are fully supported to ensure that they start to trade successfully.
You can plan your own workload to ensure that you meet key milestones over an 8-10 week period. The amount of time spent with each customer can be agreed and adjusted throughout.
For some people, a mentor can be genuinely life-changing. Mentors are not there to be the answer to every question, but their impact for individuals can be career-defining. We hope you can do that with us.
Seetec is an employee-owned company delivering services - across the employment, skills and rehabilitation sectors - that unlock people's social and economic potential by helping them into work, develop new skills or turn away from crime.
Seetec Pluss, part of Seetec, is one of the UK's leading providers of employability and health services, supporting thousands of people to move into employment each year. Committed to empowering people to better their lives, Seetec Pluss supports individuals from all walks of life to enter and progress in the world of work. We create and source jobs and opportunities, and by focusing on people's strengths we raise aspirations and help them overcome their barriers to work and develop the skills that employers are looking for. Together, we open up a world of opportunity to individuals and organisations, supporting them with their aspirations today so they can thrive in the future. Changing people's lives for the better in the businesses and communities we serve is the driving force behind our services and the motivation for our exceptional delivery standards.
* Coach, mentor and manage a caseload of customers through proactively through their new business set up or existing business venture.
* Deliver Group Sessions that motivates and encourages Customers who are committed with a good business idea to take the next step forward.
* Deliver one to one sessions with customers that include reviewing business ideas, assessing cash flow, and helping people to create a business plan.
* Develop and deliver Business Planning, Financial and Marketing workshops to groups recognising where additional support may be beneficial.
* Hold one to one mentoring sessions with Customers throughout a 8-10 week period evidencing the positive impact of these one to one meetings.
Skills and Experience
* Experience in starting up your own business or supporting other businesses to start-up.
* Ability to coach and mentor individuals to draw out their ambitions, aspirations and support needs.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and motivate people
* Ability to seek out solutions to problems
* Proven ability to develop robust and high-quality Business Plans and Cash-flow forecasts.
Hourly rate : £50 per hour (IR35 Rules do not apply)
Location: Remote working
Hours: Flexible upon your availability
Closing Date : 21 December 2021
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Seetec Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement of "Ex-Offenders" can be found on our website under " About us".
Seetec Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity