Scorpion Recruit are currently on the hunt for an Compliance Officer to join a fast-growing banking business based at their head office in Knutsford with brilliant views. The business is well established and growing, with a leading reputation, award-winning, ethical, and cutting edge fintech business.
The successful Compliance Officer will be joining a friendly, professional customer service environment. working alongside the customer service team and management. You will be involved in a business that reward and acknowledge hard working performers.
As a Compliance Officer you will work 5 days out of 7 on a shift rota covering hours from 8am - 8pm, you will be working closely with management and other departments across the business. You will need a good understanding of financial crime risks and related controls as you will be reviewing customer files in line with Customer Due Diligence Requirements, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions Standards.
The Compliance Officer will also be analysing transactional information to identify risks, trends and suspicious activity. The Compliance Officer will be required to carry out Knoy Your Customer (KYC) reviews whilst applying a risk based approach to assess financial crime risks. the successful Compliance officer will be diligent when reviewing files to identify deficiencies, discrepancies and omissions of relevant documentation.
The Compliance Officer will be forthcoming and provide input on process improvements, develop and maintain productive and professional working relationships with colleagues and partnered companies.Skills
- Be able to multi-task
- Have an analytical mindset and keen eye for detail
- Must be well organised
- Have excellent teamwork skills
- Be able to communicate with all levels of recipient
- Be able to stay calm under pressure
- Be self-motivated and proactive
- Have good IT skills (confident using excel)
- Good foundation of Financial Conduct Authority and associated regulatory bodies (e.g. Information Commissioner) compliance knowledge
- Specific knowledge and understanding of the Payment Services Regulations relating to e-money and FCA requirements.
- Good understanding of other relevant legislation, including that relating to financial crime, the Financial Ombudsman and the Information Commissioner.
For the right Compliance Officer Candidate a brilliant benefits package will be offered, including holidays, work functions and dress down days.
Please apply by submitting your CV and one of our recruitment consultants will be in touch.