Overview / Responsibilities Purpose of the Position:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the engineering/construction interfaces at various stages of the project cycle.
- Co-ordination of engineering support to all construction activities across a number of projects.
- Management of project/site engineers ensuring competence and development of skills and knowledge for business needs.
- Management of the construction task reviews (RAMS) and collate library of information.
- Undertake the duties of the designated individual for the management of temporary works.
- Take ownership and manage project engineering delivery and construction support
- Lead a team of engineers (construction/design) and discipline specialists (where required) to deliver tasks
- Point of contact for construction management and clients for appointed schemes in conjunction with Design Manager and Lead Engineers.
- Provide technical input into Inspection Test Plans.
- Provide technical support and reviews to support the procurement process.
- Provide technical/construction support during tenders and design development when required
- Provide technical support on plant and equipment through collaborative working group.
- Support development of systems and technologies to enhance our efficiency, quality and innovation
Definition: Accept ownership of work to be done (i.e. being required to undertake specific actions within an agreed job boundary, the execution of a delegated task, activity, or process). Including, but not limited to the following:
Skills / Qualifications
- Manage, coordinate and contribute to delivery of tasks against the programme and budget, reporting and forecasting progress
- Ensure Wood, delivery is compliant with Wood, industry and client standards and specifications
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with Project Managers, Construction and Design Managers, Site/Project/Lead/Principal Discipline Engineers and Site Supervision.
- Provide input and support at HAZID/HAZOP/HAZCON reviews.
- QA? Construction audits?
- The review, appraisal and input into method statements and risk assessment and any supporting construction design studies, when required.
- Identification and development of personal engineering competence and where appropriate the development of others in the team
- Ensuring Wood technical compliance with CDM regulations. Providing guidance to senior managers if Principal Designer duties are a scope item.
- Experience in an OHL and cable engineering environment including significant project/team leadership and proven track record of project delivery
- Knowledge of OHL and related engineering specifications and standards, BSI, ENA
- Distinct competence or expert knowledge of one or more OHL related civil, structural and temporary works discipline areas
- Knowledge of HSE and CDM regulations
- Ability to perform Risk Assessments and develop mitigation strategies
- Formal academic engineering qualification, Degree or equivalent
- Recognised Safety Qualification (e.g. IOSH)
- Training and experience in engineering and installation of temporary works.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.