Our client is based in Hastings and due to their continual growth, we are delighted to be recruiting for a production chef to join their team.
The Client has also launched a development incentive for new starters to learn 4 new skills within their production processes to become eligible for a pay rise. The position will be a temporary to permanent position for the right candidate.Main Duties:
- To produce a range of products to the standards required in order to maintain adequate stock levels and to meet the demands of the customer.
- To manufacture a range of products to the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual and to meet the required product recipe.
- To carry out hot and cold fill packaging and chilling as required; ensuring the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual is adhered to.
- To ensure machinery is thoroughly cleaned as required; in line with the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
- To ensure work area is clean, sanitised, tidy and well maintained.
- To complete relevant records for cleaning activities, following the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual.
- To complete appropriate records for goods produced ensuring the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual are maintained.
- To follow the stock rotation procedure and to report any shortages to the supervisor/line manager.
- To ensure a high level of hygiene is maintained both personally and within the work area.
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- To behave in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with the B&DFL Ethical Trading Policy.
- To support other areas within production where required
- Carry out duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- To comply with policies and procedures.
- To report any maintenance requirements or repairs to the area supervisor, chief engineer or senior maintenance engineer
- To report any issues that may affect food safety, quality or legality or pose a risk to health and safety
- Good general education.
- Ability to cook or experience of cooking in a similar environment is desirable.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Knowledge of hygiene practices.
- 8 hour shifts
- Training will be days, 8am to 4.30pm
- Shift pattern, nights 3pm to 11.30pm
We will try to respond to reply to all applications. If, however you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements advertised by CDH Recruitment Limited