Immediate Start | Consolidations Accountant | London | Real Estate | £350 per day | 3 Month
Harmonic Finance are proud to be sourcing for one of London's premium Real Estate businesses for a Consolidations accountant to join their ranks on a 3 month contract.
Our client is part of a Global Group and are a well-established London subsidiary who have a vast portfolio of Real Estate across the London market as well as regionally. The business has been stable during the pandemic which has left them a good platform to continue growing and looking to expanding over the next 18 months as restrictions ease. They have already started to see positive improvements to business levels with month on month with revenue back to more than c.£5 million.
The Group is made up of 50 subsidiaries which will need consolidating at a group level. Reporting to the Finance Director you will took to partner with the broader finance team to complete the consolidation for the group. The accounting transactions are complex so will require great analytical skills and an understanding of complex transactions. In short you will oversee the consolidation and intercompany accounts monthly and the integration of this into the year-end audit and board pack.
The role will be reporting into the Finance Director and will involve collating information from various properties across their portfolio so will require hands on involvement in working mainly with the broader finance team.
The business has a great culture and have a dynamic mix of employees who are proud of the heritage of the business and what they have done to maintain this in the last 12 months. The business values teamwork and working to a collective goal and culture and values are something they put first. The role will be remote with travel into their offices when safe to do so - currently most employees are working flexibly.The role:
What you need:
- Prepare, analyse and review the monthly consolidation finance statements and reports
- Account reconciliations and variance analysis to confirm that balances and compliance to UK GAAP are consistent between the business units
- Working collectively with finance team to ensure that the management reports are submitted and meet deadlines
- Provision of data to and from other finance departments when required
- Process analysis and problem solving - looking to improve and streamline processes where possible and advise on where systems can be improved
- Provide support to the team where necessary so that the reporting and consolidations information comes back in a timely manor and work to explain or resolve any discrepancies.
- Analysis and overseeing P&L
- Identifying key areas for improvement and delivering projects to achieve higher revenues
- Careful crisis planning in the background with Finance Director to ensure robust controls in place
- Working between property company and operating company respectively ensuring that demands are met both sides.
- Business partner and stakeholder management with the team, Finance Director and wider group
- Ad-hoq tasks and projects
What we'd like to see:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified (PQ considered for extensive Hospitality background)
- Advances Excel skills
- SQL experience
- Real Estate Experience
- Prop Co / Op Co
- Experience with leasing agreements
- Experience managing direct reports
- Excellent communication skills - spoken and written
- Experience working for an real estate/hospitality business at group level
- Experience in looking after multiple sites / properties
- SAP Experience
- IFRS 101/102
up to £350 per day PAYEAvailability: must be immediately available to startLocation: