Page Personnel are recruiting for a Secretary to join a busy law firm based in Malton, York. Client Details
The company is a busy law firm and have offices in York, Wetherby and Malton. They offer a wide range of legal services to the UK.
The prime role of the Secretary is to provide direct support to the Fee Earner(s) to enable them to operate efficiently. Description
Your responsibilities will be; Full support to fee earner(s) as required including preparing correspondence and documents. Administer filing. Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch. Drafting of legal documents. Dealing with finances: completions/exchanges. Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task. Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for the fee earner. Provide support to secretaries as required. Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so. Attend clients both in person (when required) and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm's standards for client care. Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm's and clients documentation and information. To provide sickness and other absence cover for other members of the team (as required). To contribute as a team member within the department.Profile
- A minimum 2+ years' legal secretarial experience preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Experience of Partners for Windows but not essential as training will be provided.
- Good English grammar/spelling, familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication skills including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face; discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to the required standard and within the required timescales.
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work under pressure as and when required (this may involve some flexibility in working hours).
- Proactive and able to use own initiative within guidelines as set by the Directors and Fee Earner(s).
- 20 days holidays plus additional bank holidays (25 days holidays after 5 years service and 30 days after 20 years service)
- Office Closure at Christmas (not taken out of allowance)
- Sick leave (1 week in first year and an extra week per years service up to 5 weeks)
- Bonus scheme
- Workplace pension