Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km's of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing
. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you will be doing
Project Management of a portfolio of projects within the Capital Delivery Programme.
This key role will support the delivery of one of our major programmes of engineering infrastructure works, with a total value of approximately £100m.
You will work with the Senior Project Manager in leading, developing and delivering wastewater treatment facility design and construction projects through the project lifecycle.
You will also assure the live delivery of these projects and be responsible for delivery to time, cost and quality commitments.We will look for you to:
We're looking for you to have the following:
- Commercially manage all contract matters to achieve the optimal outcome for Thames Water.
- Develop and deliver an optimised project to achieve all regulatory, statutory and internal outputs, deadlines and targets.
- Deliver successful technical solutions that provide optimal value for money on capital and whole life cost basis.
- Performance management of third-party external contractors to ensure the out-performance of service levels and value for money.
- Proactively manage project risk to minimise the final impact.
- Manage change and administer the contract for service providers.
- Ensure quality system and processes are complied with so results meet all standards.
- Maintain a strong internal and external stakeholder relationship to actively protect and enhancing Thames Water's reputation to external customers.
- Encourage and implement an innovation from the supply chain to develop a continuous improvement project culture.
- Establish and continuously promote a proactive health, safety and environment culture across the project and our service providers.
- Achieve best practice in the safe and sustainable delivery of capital projects, as well as subsequent operation and maintenance.
What's in it for you!
- Either HNC or above qualification in an appropriate subject, relevant professional body certification(s), or significant experience in a similar role.
- Design and/or construction management experience, water industry experience is a plus.
- Track record of successfully delivering capital projects and managing the performance of third-party organisations.
- Excellent contract management awareness, with a good understanding of contract administration.
- Commercially and financially experienced with the capability to deliver against agreed financial goals.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal, external stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to propose and drive process improvement.
- Relevant industry and business knowledge.
This is an exciting role for which we are looking for proactive and engaging individuals who can drive projects forward. With the help of the team who work alongside you, this role will enable you develop a career within Thames Water, and make an impact on our long- term ambitions.Our competitive salary package includes:
- An excellent contributory pension
- 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service
- Two days paid volunteer leave a year
- Annual pay review
- Season ticket loans
- Voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets
- Loyalty awards for continuous service
- Our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company
We're proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.