We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Property Services team is knowledgeable, skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high quality of service we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-
for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people's lives, each and every day.
Join our Property Services team as a Senior Conveyancing Paralegal
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Our Property Services team is crucial in helping us deliver on this vision.
The team works on the provision and maintenance of our large portfolio of properties. This demands strong organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with customers, other teams and external service providers.
We're an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Senior Conveyancing Paralegal.Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- Responsible to provide day-to-day assistance to the Legal team's solicitors on a range of conveyancing matters and to ensure that the Legal team provides excellent customer-focused legal services to all its customers and clients
- Carry and manage own caseload of various conveyancing matters including, but not limited to, new plot sales, void sales, staircasings, assignments, resales as well as various home purchase schemes such as Preserved Right to Buy, Right to Acquire, Social HomeBuy, etc
- Draft and prepare various legal documents including deeds, licences, lease extensions, transfers and any others documents as required
- Respond to enquiries received from solicitors as well as raising enquiries when acting for One Housing in an acquisition matter.
- Ensure all work carried out is of exceptional standard, delivered in accurate and timely manner, and in line with regulatory requirements of the legal profession and legal compliance standards
- Pro-actively engage and contribute to the Legal team and Development department, actively collaborating with other teams across One Housing, to provide excellent customer service
- Maintain an accurate record of income, savings and legal work in accordance with the recording requirements prescribed.
- Assist in preparation of monthly statistics and KPI's reports
- Meet all targets set and any relevant corporate objectives
- Pro-actively build excellent relationships with residents, customers and any internal or external stakeholders to ensure an outstanding legal service is provided
- Provide excellent legal service that is tailored around the customer. Service that is prompt, clear and reliable and shows an understanding of the business context. Ensure a service that demonstrates value for money, solution-focused and innovative
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and is friendly and positive.The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
Law degree level education (LLB) or Professional Paralegal qualification obtained from a body recognised by the Institute of ParalegalsPrevious residential and/or commercial conveyancing experience to effectively support a team of solicitorsDemonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and excellent file management skillsAbility to draft complex legal documents and engage in legal researchExperience of working in a legal environment, assisting solicitors to achieve high performance targetsExperience of working as a fee earner and achieving fee targetsPost graduate legal training or qualification, such as PLC or Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEX) membership...