Our client are a fast growth digital business.
As a Junior eCommerce Account Manager, you are responsible for managing client relationships.
Your key objective is to support the development and account management teams in providing clients with high levels of service that allow clients to succeed.
Here's how your week may look:
You will start your week by catching up on the weekly client strategy meetings with the other AM's and leads within the team. You will also check in on client and internal team comms to see last week's progress noting any major updates that you need to get involved with your clients.
In the afternoon, you take a moment to double-check your list before launching into your own tasks for the week.
Top of the list will be weekly BAU meetings with existing clients where you will catch up on activity, discuss updates in their business and discuss any actions that are sat with you from previous sessions.
On Tuesday you've set aside some time to work on some ideas for the upcoming client roadmapping sessions for the coming month because you know that this will shape the next month(s) priorities for the team. You spend the rest of the day building the roadmap for the client session and sharing it internally with the project manager and dev squad.
On Wednesday, you are supporting on a new business pitch with the pitch team for a re-platform project where you will take notes and ask questions about their business/project to learn more. You will be supported by the Strategy Director, Head Of CX design and a Tech Lead from the team to ensure your questions about processes and client case studies can be answered.
On Thursday, you will be supporting the team in a client quarterly business review (QBR's) with the Project Manager and the squad to run through the client's commerce roadmap and find out more about the priorities over the next 3 months.
On Friday, you have more BAU client meetings where you are gathering information about their marketing activities for Black Friday and what the potential impact might be on their eCommerce strategy.
In the afternoon you are on a 3rd party tech demo with Nosto and one of your clients, you are sitting in and listening to the partner explain why AI-Based Personalisation is good for the client's brand.
...Oh, and you did all of this from your home with a team that is also working remotely in a business that trusts you to self motivate and proactively engage with the wider business and your customers.If you read this and it sounds like your ideal job get in touch!
- Managing client relationships both strategically and tactically.
- The main point for client communications whilst identifying new opportunities to help clients grow and benefit from the team's experience.
- Work with internal teams to review and identify client growth opportunities across all key streams such as development, UX, digital marketing, consultancy and data.
- Work with the delivery team to develop and maintain a clear and accurate roadmap to achieve agreed goals per client.
- Conduct monthly planning meetings and quarterly business reviews (QBR's) with clients to go over the status of agreed activities versus the plan.
- Build and own strong and positive relationships with clients at various levels.
- Build and document knowledge of the client's business and maintain documented records of client discussions.
- Working with the partnership manager to align 3rd party tech providers with clients when it is necessary.
- Delivering communication campaigns to help educate, inform and update clients working with internal marketing team i.e. Events, Content Marketing, etc.
- Pitching new ideas and proactively help clients understand the benefits of new tech, features and approaches to their eCommerce strategy.
- Report back into the business on project, milestones and results.
Skills and experience
Excellent package on offer
- A minimum of 2 years working within an agency or e-commerce environment. Although it is useful to have a working knowledge of an agency it is not imperative - we encourage client-side eCommerce managers to apply for this role to bring an authentic level of exposure.
- Experience with Shopify / Magento / BigCommerce will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate with clients and manage a number of client relationships.
- Prior experience working closely with website developers and the ability to articulate projects/work in a clear, precise and organised manner.
- Proficiency in using Google Analytics to extract insightful data and report back to clients.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Great attitude and drive to get things done and 'make it happen'.