We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill a Junior Networks Engineer vacancy and work alongside our existing team of engineers reporting to the Operations Manager in a busy and thriving environment.Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to Day troubleshooting and support of customer faults and equipment.
- Day to Day network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- The configuration of routing and switching equipment
- Compliance with company information security policies and procedures, reporting incidents and ensuring necessary security procedures or activities are completed
- Provide OOH On-Call Support for customer networks when needed.
- Dealing with customer queries within SLA and OLA for internal departments
- Coordinate shared workload with colleagues on the Engineering Team
- Contribute to Engineering Knowledge Base via the provided logging mechanisms
- Liaise in an effective manner with vendors, suppliers and customers on behalf of Virocom
- Proven ability to operate in pressurised situations and successfully handle multiple priorities
- An excellent customer service focus
- Demonstrable technical aptitude and willingness to pick up and develop new skill sets
- An interest in next generation networking technologies and hardware
- A strong team player with the ability to work individually when required.
- Ability to function in a flexible working pattern where required.
- Plain common sense
- A 'can do' attitude.
- A high level of analytical skills
- Problem solving methodologies
- Your knowledge of the telecoms market
- Ability to work towards and achieve a target
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
GCSE or equivalent in both English and maths.Future prospects
Tech and digital professionals an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.